Listings of recreational standard gauge railroads. List under appropriate region. Standard Gauge Organizations Trains and Railroads Recreation.
The standard gauge (also Stephenson gauge after George Stephenson, International gauge, or normal gauge ) is a widely used railway track gauge. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Standard gauge is a widely used railway track gauge. Approximately 55% of the lines in the world use this gauge. All high-speed rail lines, except those in Russia, Finland, Uzbekistan and Australia, utilize standard gauge. The distance between the inside edges of the rails is defined to be 1435 mm except in the United States, where it is still defined in Imperial and US customary units as approximately 4 ft in. It is also called the European gauge in the EU and Russia.
- Standard Gauge (toy trains) - Standard Gauge, also known as wide gauge, was an early model railway and toy train rail gauge, introduced in the United States in 1906 by Lionel Corporation. As it was a toy standard, rather than a scale modeling standard, the actual scale of Standard Gauge locomotives and rolling stock varied.
- Track gauge - In rail transport, track gauge is the spacing of the rails on a railway track and is measured between the inner faces of the load-bearing rails.
- Standard gauge railways
- Track gauges by name
- Track gauges by size
- Group Foynes Heritage Railway Group www
Group which aims to preserve the Foynes to Limerick railway line as a heitage railway. Foynes Heritage Railway Group.
- Railway Donegal Railway Heritage Centre www
Railway museum of the original County Donegal Railway, Railway Heritage Centre, including steam engine Drumboe. Headquarters of the County Donegal Railway Restoration Society, Donegal, Ireland. Donegal Railway Heritage Centre.
- Ride Blue Mountains Railway Pages, Australia www
Ride the world's steepest incline, Mountains Railway Pages, Australia, chuff up the Great Zig Zag, walk thru Glow Worm Tunnel, and explore our museums. Blue Mountains Railway Pages, Australia.
- The South Gippsland Tourist Railway - Victoria, Australia www
The South Gippsland Railways operates heritage trains along a section of former mainline track between Nyora, Gippsland Tourist Railway - Victoria, Australia, Korumburra and Leongatha in Victoria's picturesque Strezlecki Ranges. South Gippsland Tourist Railway - Victoria, Australia.
- Alexa: Standard Gauge Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Standard Gauge Organizations
- DMOZ: Standard Gauge Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: Standard Gauge Organizations