Traditionally, a theme park is a place to go to. Guests (customers) of a theme park attend in order to experience some element of recreation in a setting which is oriented around a motif or theme. Themes range from simple (amusement or child's play) to elaborate (Greek myth). Some offer accommodations within the park, others are open days only. Many parks are seasonal. Some are really only fun in the evening when the lights come on. Theme Parks Recreation.
An amusement park (sometimes referred to as a funfair ) or theme park is a group of entertainment attractions, rides, and other events in a location for the enjoyment of large numbers of people. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An amusement park is a park that features various attractions, such as rides and games, as well as other events for entertainment purposes. A theme park is a type of amusement park that bases its structures and attractions around a central theme, often featuring multiple areas with different themes. Unlike temporary and mobile funfairs and carnivals, amusement parks are stationary and built for long-lasting operation. They are more elaborate than city parks and playgrounds, usually providing attractions that cater to a variety of age groups. While amusement parks often contain themed areas, theme parks place a heavier focus with more intricately-designed themes that revolve around a particular subject or group of subjects. Amusement parks evolved from European fairs, pleasure gardens and large picnic areas, which were created for people's recreation. World's fairs and other types of international expositions also influenced the emergence of the amusement park industry.
- Amusement parks
- Safer Parks www
Designed to help consumers learn about amusement ride safety. Parks. Safety tips and statistics come from governmental and industry sources. Includes a section on legislation, such as the National Amusement Park Ride Safety Act.
- Enthusiast Theme Parks Online www
Enthusiast e-zine. Parks Online. News and events, discussion boards, glossary, history, park records, hotel and attraction reviews. Theme Parks Online.
- Offers Ripley's Believe It or Not! www
Offers museums and attractions in multiple countries focusing on odd and amazing things. Believe It or Not!. Provides videos, details about exhibits, and their history. Ripley's Believe It or Not!.
- Operates Boomers www
Operates a number of amusement and water parks throughout the United States. Boomers. Offers news, employment opportunities section, and information on the Fun Club. Boomers.
- Operator SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment www
Operator of parks such as Sea World, Parks & Entertainment, Busch Gardens, and Adventure Island. Provides links to owned facilities and online ticket ordering. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.
- Includes Theme Park Adventure Magazine www
Includes current and back issues, Park Adventure Magazine, ordering information, and park news. Theme Park Adventure Magazine.
- Guide Universal Studios Themeparks www
Guide to Universal's Orlando, Studios Themeparks, Hollywood, Japan and Spain themeparks, including information about tickets and vacation packages. Universal Studios Themeparks.
- Park Point Mallard Park www
Park offers golf course, Mallard Park, campground, ice rink, aquatic center, hiking and biking trails, and tennis courts. Decatur, Alabama. Point Mallard Park.
- Indoor Cosmic Adventures www
Indoor children's playground. Adventures. Includes employment opportunities, general program information, and directions. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Cosmic Adventures.
- The Directory of State Amusement Ride Safety Officials www
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission's list of state offices dedicated to ride safety. State Amusement Ride Safety Officials. [PDF Format - Requires Adobe Acrobat]. Directory of State Amusement Ride Safety Officials.
- Amusement Theme Park Brochures www
Amusement and theme park brochures and maps. Theme Park Brochures.
- Features David's Amusement Ride Extravaganza www
Features history, Amusement Ride Extravaganza, photos, and patent images of various rides. David's Amusement Ride Extravaganza.
- Features Random Terrain's Tilt-A-Whirl Tribute www
Features images and links related to the amusement park ride. Random Terrain's Tilt-A-Whirl Tribute.
- A Roller Coaster Database www
A searchable database with information and statistics roller coasters in North America. Roller Coaster Database.
- Served Willow Grove Park www
Served as one of the premier music venues in the early 20th century. Grove Park. Includes photos and information on featured musical performers, as well as rides and attractions. [Willow Grove, Pennsylvania] Willow Grove Park.
- Includes Buckeye Lake Amusement Park www
Includes photographs, Lake Amusement Park, post cards, historical information, and stories. [Buckeye Lake, Ohio] Buckeye Lake Amusement Park.
- A Iago & Zazu's Attraction of the Week www
A tongue-in-beak look at Disney attractions, & Zazu's Attraction of the Week, covering both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Hosted by "Iago" and "Zazu." Iago & Zazu's Attraction of the Week.
- Travel Disney Information Station www
Travel planning, Information Station, forums, chat rooms, and discount information. Disney Information Station.
- Alexa: Theme Parks Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Theme Parks Recreation
- DMOZ: Theme Parks Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Theme Parks Recreation