Scouting interaction with society at large. Social Issues Resources Scouting Recreation.
A social issue (also called a social problem, social conflict, or social illness ) is a problem that influences a considerable number of the individuals within a society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A social issue is a problem that influences a considerable number of the individuals within a society. It is often the consequence of factors extending beyond an individual's social issue is the source of a conflicting opinion on the grounds of what is perceived as a morally just personal life or societal order. Social issues are distinguished from economic issues; however, some issues have both social and economic aspects. There are also issues that don't fall into either category, such as warfare.
- Moral entrepreneur - A moral entrepreneur is an individual, group or formal organization that seeks to influence a group to adopt or maintain a norm. Moral entrepreneurs are those who take the lead in labeling a particular behaviour and spreading or popularizing this label throughout society.
- Moral panic - A moral panic is a feeling of fear spread among a large number of people that some evil threatens the well-being of society. A Dictionary of Sociology defines a moral panic as "the process of arousing social concern over an issue ? usually the work of moral entrepreneurs and the mass media".
- Social constructionism - Social constructionism or the social construction of reality is a theory of knowledge in sociology and communication theory that examines the development of jointly constructed understandings of the world that form the basis for shared assumptions about reality.
- Social Problems (journal).
- The Society for the Study of Social Problems - The Society for the Study of Social Problems, founded in 1951 by Elizabeth Briant Lee and Alfred McClung Lee, is a non-profit interdisciplinary community of scholars, practitioners, advocates, and students interested in the application of critical, scientific, and humanistic perspectives to the...
- Wicked problem - A wicked problem is a problem that is difficult or impossible to solve because of incomplete, contradictory, and changing requirements that are often difficult to recognize. The use of the term "wicked" here has come to denote resistance to resolution, rather than evil.
- Social issues
- Politics by issue
- Petition Grassfire - Scout Petition www
Petition of support for the Boy Scouts of America's membership standards. Grassfire - Scout Petition.
- Joint Harambee Project www
Joint Italian - Kenyan Scouting initiative. Harambee Project.
- Information Homeschooled Scouts www
Information for families that home school and participate in scouting with BSA. Homeschooled Scouts.
- Links Religious Tolerance www
Links and information with regard to religious and sexual orientation concerns and the Boy Scouts of America. Religious Tolerance.
- Article Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers and Scouting www
Article about the participation of the IEEE in the promotion of Scouting. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers and Scouting.
- Boy Good Turn for America www
Boy Scouts of America national call to service. Turn for America. Encourages units to help provide food, shelter and promote good health habits within our nation. Includes overview of initiative, project ideas and an area for units to record service projects. Good Turn for America.
- October Honiara Project - ACT Scouts www
October 2006. Project - ACT Scouts. 60 Venturer and Rover scouts from ACT visited Honiara in the Solomon Islands, to install infrastructure in a scout facility. Part of the Gifts for World Peace program, organized by ACT Branch. Honiara Project - ACT Scouts.
- Desiderata The Scout Path www
Desiderata of Scouting. The Scout Path.
- Provides Using Scouting to Fulfill Academic Requirements with Homeschool www
Provides information on incorporating Scouting into a home school program. Using Scouting to Fulfill Academic Requirements with Homeschool.
- A Discrimination in the Boy Scouts of America www
A collection of news articles, the Boy Scouts of America, essays, and other resources on the Boy Scouts of America, its policies, and recent court cases. Discrimination in the Boy Scouts of America.
- World Scouting 4 Peace www
World Scouting network for information and contacts for Peace related scouting programs. Peace. Contains ideas exchange, peace songs, and forums. Scouting 4 Peace.
- Links Nonbeliever Antidiscrimination Project www
Links to articles concerning the position of the Boy Scouts of America. Nonbeliever Antidiscrimination Project.
- A Scouting For All www
A nonprofit advocacy organization working to change the Boy Scouts of America's exclusionary policies against atheists and gays. Scouting For All.
- Contains Scoutreach www
Contains information for the development of the Scouting program in various ethnic, Scoutreach, language and minority communities in the United States. Scoutreach.
- Provides Boy Scouts - A to Z Home's Cool Homeschooling www
Provides resources for homeschooling boys and their leaders. Scouts - A to Z Home's Cool Homeschooling. Help establishing troops for home school youth and resource links. Boy Scouts - A to Z Home's Cool Homeschooling.
- Book The "Problem" of God in the Boy Scouts www
Book excerpt about the historical background to the Boy Scouts of America's policies regarding Duty to God. "Problem" of God in the Boy Scouts. By Jay Mechling. The "Problem" of God in the Boy Scouts.
- Using Reaching Out-of-school Youth in Kenya www
Using Scouting as a vehicle by George Kahuthia and Samson Radeny. Reaching Out-of-school Youth in Kenya.
- Information Scouts Canada Act - Time for Democracy www
Information about the amendment of the Canadian legislation governing scouting. Scouts Canada Act - Time for Democracy.
- Official Boy Scouts Legal Issues www
Official BSA site created to inform the public about the legal issues that confront Scouting. Boy Scouts Legal Issues.
- Includes The Scouting Pages www
Includes history and background of Scouting, Scouting Pages, virtual campfire blanket, links, rings, campfire stories, and games. The Scouting Pages.
- Includes Henning's Scouting Pages www
Includes facts and history, Scouting Pages, ideas for Eagle ceremonies, Rockwell and Csatari images, and information for making patrol sleds, tables, and kitchen boxes. Henning's Scouting Pages.
- Alexa: Social Issues Resources
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Social Issues Resources
- DMOZ: Social Issues Resources
dmoz.org Directory: Social Issues Resources