Scouting is a worldwide movement. The purpose of this section is to list general scouting information pertinent to a particular country or that serve a part of the global community of scouting. The sub-categories relate to geographic areas and then to countries. Regional Scouting Recreation.
In geography, regions are areas broadly divided by physical characteristics ( physical geography ), human impact characteristics ( human geography ), and the interaction of humanity and the environment ( environmental geography ). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: In geography, regions are areas that are broadly divided by physical characteristics, human impact characteristics, and the interaction of humanity and the environment. Geographic regions and sub-regions are mostly described by their imprecisely defined, and sometimes transitory boundaries, except in human geography, where jurisdiction areas such as national borders are defined in law.
- Autonomous region - An autonomous administrative division is a subdivision or dependent territory of a country that has a degree of self-governance, or autonomy, from an external authority. Typically, it is either geographically distinct from the rest of the country or populated by a national minority.
- Committee of the Regions - The European Committee of the Regions is the European Union's assembly of local and regional representatives that provides sub-national authorities with a direct voice within the EU's institutional framework.
- Continent - A continent is one of several very large landmasses of the world. Generally identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, up to seven regions are commonly regarded as continents.
- Continental fragment - Continental crustal fragments, partially synonymous with microcontinents, are fragments of continents that have been broken off from main continental masses forming distinct islands, often several hundred kilometers from their place of origin.
- Euroregion - In European politics, the term Euroregion usually refers to a transnational co-operation structure between two contiguous territories located in different European countries. Euroregions represent a specific type of cross-border region.
- Military district - Military districts are formations of a state's armed forces which are responsible for a certain area of territory. They are often more responsible for administrative than operational matters, and in countries with conscript forces, often handle parts of the conscription cycle.
- Regional geography
- Geography terminology
- Types of country subdivisions
- Africa Scout Region www
Official WOSM regional site. Scout Region.
- Includes Ascension Island Scout Group www
Includes program information for Beavers, Island Scout Group, Cubs, and Scouts, leadership contacts, meeting times and diary. Ascension Island Scout Group.
- Information World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts Asia Pacific Region www
Information about member organizations, Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts Asia Pacific Region, regional events, news, fund raising and contacts. World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts Asia Pacific Region.
- Article South Asia Foundation Scouting www
Article about the Third Scouts Friendship Camp held in Nepal. South Asia Foundation Scouting.
- Official Scout Association of Jamaica www
Official site, Association of Jamaica, includes program information, contacts, and history. Scout Association of Jamaica.
- WOSM Scout Association of The Bahamas www
WOSM member association. Scout Association of The Bahamas.
- History Scouting in Panama www
History of Scouting and current status of national Scouting organizations. Scouting in Panama.
- History Scouting in Honduras www
History of Scouting and current status of national Scouting organizations. Scouting in Honduras.
- Interactive Australian Scout Group Locator www
- Canadian Scouts and Guides in Canada www
Canadian Scouting and Guiding links. Scouts and Guides in Canada.
- Resources, Europe Region, WAGGGS www
Resources, Region, WAGGGS, events, and information about national associations. Europe Region, WAGGGS.
- index Sea Scouting in Europe www
index of groups and organizations by country. Sea Scouting in Europe.
- Alexa: Regional Scouting
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Regional Scouting
- DMOZ: Regional Scouting
dmoz.org Directory: Regional Scouting