Brownsea Island is the birthplace of World Scouting and Guiding. Lord Robert Baden Powell held the first Scout camp there in 1907. Brownsea Island History Scouting Recreation.
Coordinates: 50°41′24″N 1°58′16″W / 50.690°N 1.971°W / 50.690; -1. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Brownsea Island is the largest of the islands in Poole Harbour in the county of Dorset, England. The island is owned by the National Trust. Much of the island is open to the public and includes areas of woodland and heath with a wide variety of wildlife, together with cliff top views across Poole Harbour and the Isle of Purbeck.
- Nature reserves in Dorset
- National Trust properties in Dorset
- Islands of Dorset
- Bodies of water of England
- Sites of Special Scientific Interest in Dorset
- Dorset Wildlife Trust reserves
- Isle of Purbeck
- Contains Brownsea Island www
Contains information about visits to the island, Island, things to do, wildlife to see, history and booking information for this National Trust property. Brownsea Island.
- The Out and About on Brownsea Island www
The Girlguiding UK site for booking information and programs for the Girl Guide camp. Out and About on Brownsea Island.
- Photo View of the first Scout encampment www
Photo of Brownsea Island in the summer of 1907. View of the first Scout encampment.
- Describes Brownsea Island Nature Reserve www
Describes the reserve, Island Nature Reserve, its flora and fauna. Brownsea Island Nature Reserve.
- Contains First Scout Camp at Brownsea www
Contains information about Scouting including the history of the 1907 Camp on Brownsea, Scout Camp at Brownsea, unusual facts about Scouting. First Scout Camp at Brownsea.
- History, Brownsea Island, the birthplace of Scout Camping www
History, Island, the birthplace of Scout Camping, camping program, and link to registration information for this historic location. Brownsea Island, the birthplace of Scout Camping.
- Includes Brownsea Island History www
Includes photo of monument and information about the first scout camp. Brownsea Island History.
- Article The First Scout Camp www
Article about the Brownsea Island camp from Scouting Magazine. The First Scout Camp.
- The Scouting through History - Brownsea Camp www
The story of the Brownsea Island experimental camp. Scouting through History - Brownsea Camp.
- Provides Dorset Scenery www
Provides information and photos relating to Brownsea Island. Dorset Scenery.
- Photo Baden-Powell at the first Scout encampment www
Photo of B-P at Brownsea Island in the summer of 1907. Baden-Powell at the first Scout encampment.
- An Guiding and Scouting in Sweden www
An overview and history of guiding and scouting in Sweden Guiding and Scouting in Sweden.
- A Researching Scout History www
A How To for developing a local Scout history. Researching Scout History.
- Alexa: Brownsea Island History
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Brownsea Island History
- DMOZ: Brownsea Island History
dmoz.org Directory: Brownsea Island History