Scouting is a world-wide non-formal educational movement for young people founded by Lord Robert Baden-Powell of Gilwell. From its modest beginning at his experimental camp comprised of 22 youth held on Brownsea Island in August of 1907 there has developed the largest youth organization in the world. Membership today stands at some 25 million Scouts and 10 million Guides and Girl Scouts. Scouting aims to develop the mental, moral and physical capabilities of youth through a progressive program emphasizing outdoor activities. Scouting is well regarded for introducing young people to environmental issues, outdoor skills, community service projects, and co-operative activities. Scouting Recreation.
Scouting or the Scout Movement is a movement that aims to support young people in their physical, mental and spiritual development, that they may play constructive roles in society, with a strong focus on the outdoors and survival skills. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Scouting or the Scout Movement is a movement that aims to support young people in their physical, mental and spiritual development, that they may play constructive roles in society, with a strong focus on the outdoors and survival skills.
- Scouting Category
- Camp Fire Girls - Camp Fire, formerly Camp Fire USA, is a co-ed inclusive youth development organization. Camp Fire was the first nonsectarian, multicultural organization for girls in America. Its programs emphasize camping and other outdoor activities for youth.
- Kibbo Kift - The Kindred of the Kibbo Kift was a camping, hiking and handicraft group with ambitions to bring world peace. It was the first of three movements in England associated with the charismatic artist and writer John Hargrave. The Kindred was founded in 1920.
- Order of Woodcraft Chivalry - The Order of Woodcraft Chivalry is a Scouting-like movement operating in the United Kingdom, which was founded in 1916 by Ernest Westlake. Like Scouting, it was inspired by Ernest Thompson Seton's Woodcraft Indians, and Seton was its honorary Grand Chieftain.
- Pioneer movement - A pioneer movement is an organization for children operated by a communist party. Typically children enter into the organization in elementary school and continue until adolescence. The adolescents then typically join the Young Communist League.
- SpiralScouts International - SpiralScouts International is a United States-based youth organization based on Wiccan symbolism and values, but explicitly for children of all faiths.
- Woodcraft Indians - Woodcraft League of America, originally called the Woodcraft Indians and League of Woodcraft Indians is a youth program, established by Ernest Thompson Seton in 1902 and often regarded as one of the earliest youth organisations in modern history.
- Outdoor education
- Youth organizations
- An Baden Powell Google Petition www
An on-line petition to have Baden Powell day, Powell Google Petition, February 22nd, recognized by placement of a scouting symbol on the Google calendar. Baden Powell Google Petition.
- Includes National Portrait Gallery www
Includes a wedding photograph of Olave St. Portrait Gallery. Clair Baden-Powell (nee Soames) and Robert Baden-Powell taken in 1912. Includes a brief history of their marriage. National Portrait Gallery.
- Article The First Scout Camp www
Article about the Brownsea Island camp from Scouting Magazine. The First Scout Camp.
- Contains First Scout Camp at Brownsea www
Contains information about Scouting including the history of the 1907 Camp on Brownsea, Scout Camp at Brownsea, unusual facts about Scouting. First Scout Camp at Brownsea.
- A Yadooda www
A large fully browsable database and directory containing scouting campsite information. Yadooda.
- Ghajn Tuffieha Campsite - Malta www
16 acres improved camp acres in Malta. Tuffieha Campsite - Malta. Site offers photos, reservation information and contacts. Ghajn Tuffieha Campsite - Malta.
- Dedicated Scout Salute www
Dedicated to serving Scouting by sharing what works in Scout organizations. Scout Salute.
- The ScoutTalk www
The online forum and chat for the Irish Scouting Movement, ScoutTalk, included photo and file sharing. ScoutTalk.
- United Scout Links www
United Kingdom scouting directory. Scout Links.
- List SOSSI Associates www
List of scouting philatelic organizations. SOSSI Associates.
- October Jamboree On The Internet www
October 16-17, The Internet, 2010. Connecting Scouts world-wide via the Internet. Jamboree On The Internet.
- Program Witan www
Program and event information for international post-secondary student Scouts and Guides. Witan. Sponsored by the United Kingdom Student Scout and Guide Organization, SSAGO. Witan.
- Alexa: Scouting Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Scouting Recreation
- DMOZ: Scouting Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Scouting Recreation