Horses - Not your average pet. Horses Pets Recreation.
Horses' anatomy enables them to make use of speed to escape predators and they have a well-developed sense of balance and a strong fight-or-flight response. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The horse is one of two extant subspecies of Equus ferus. It is an odd-toed ungulate mammal belonging to the taxonomic family Equidae. The horse has evolved over the past 45 to 55 million years from a small multi-toed creature, Eohippus, into the large, single-toed animal of today. Humans began to domesticate horses around 4000 BC, and their domestication is believed to have been widespread by 3000 BC. Horses in the subspecies caballus are domesticated, although some domesticated populations live in the wild as feral horses. These feral populations are not true wild horses, as this term is used to describe horses that have never been domesticated, such as the endangered Przewalski's horse, a separate subspecies, and the only remaining true wild horse. There is an extensive, specialized vocabulary used to describe equine-related concepts, covering everything from anatomy to life stages, size, colors, markings, breeds, locomotion, and behavior.
- Glossary of equestrian terms - This is a basic glossary of equestrian terms that includes both technical terminology and jargon developed over the centuries for horses and other equidae, as well as various horse-related concepts.
- National symbols of Turkmenistan
- Pack animals
- Animal-powered transport
- National symbols of Burkina Faso
- National symbols of Lesotho
- National symbols of Mongolia
- National symbols of Nigeria
- Horse subspecies
- A Pet Gallery www
A celebration of cats, Gallery, dogs, and other pets as personalities. Profiles with photographs, memorials, book store, and links. Pet Gallery.
- Features Pet Palace www
Features image galleries, Palace, discussions, polls, links, health information, sound files, instant messaging and chat room. Pet Palace.
- Alexa: Horses Pets
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Horses Pets
- DMOZ: Horses Pets
dmoz.org Directory: Horses Pets