Genetics of the domestic dog. Genetics Dogs Pets Recreation.
Genetics is the study of genes, genetic variation, and heredity in living organisms. It is generally considered a field of biology, but it intersects frequently with many of the life sciences and is strongly linked with the study of information systems . (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Genetics is the study of genes, genetic variation, and heredity in living organisms. It is generally considered a field of biology, but intersects frequently with many other life sciences and is strongly linked with the study of information systems.
- Genetics Category
- Bacterial genome size - Bacterial genomes are generally smaller and less variant in size between species when compared with genomes of animals and single cell eukaryotes. Bacterial genomes can range in size anywhere from about 130 kbp to over 14 Mbp.
- Cryoconservation of animal genetic resources - Cryoconservation of animal genetic resources is a strategy wherein samples of animal genetic materials are preserved cryogenically.
- Eugenics - Eugenics is a set of beliefs and practices that aims at improving the genetic quality of a human population.
- Embryology - Embryology is the branch of biology that studies the prenatal development of gametes, fertilization, and development of embryos and fetuses. Additionally, embryology encompasses the study of congenital disorders that occur before birth, known as teratology.
- Evolution - Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. Evolutionary processes give rise to biodiversity at every level of biological organisation, including the levels of species, individual organisms, and molecules.
- Genetic disorder - A genetic disorder is a genetic problem caused by one or more abnormalities in the genome, especially a condition that is present from birth. Most genetic disorders are quite rare and affect one person in every several thousands or millions.
- Two Principles of Genetics www
Two articles from the Continental Kennel Club introducing principles of genetics and crossbreeding, Genetics, with an emphasis on dogs. Principles of Genetics.
- Collection Canine Genetics Resources www
Collection of useful references to canine genetics resources. Canine Genetics Resources.
- A NHGRI Dog Genome Project www
A project to develop resources necessary to map and clone canine genes. NHGRI Dog Genome Project.
- Article Canine Genetics Primer www
Article describing color genetics of pedigree dogs. Genetics Primer. Includes free software for computing mating color predictions. Canine Genetics Primer.
- Detailed Coat Color Genetics in Dogs www
Detailed information listing the effects of the different alleles of the coat color genes in dogs. Coat Color Genetics in Dogs.
- Thorough Dog Genome Resources www
Thorough overview of the genome sequence as defined by the Broad Institute, Genome Resources, including maps and clone registry. Dog Genome Resources.
- A Canine Genetic Disease Testing www
A list of tests available for specific breeds and diseases, Genetic Disease Testing, by the University of Missouri Canine Genetic Disease Testing.
- Overview Introduction to Genetics www
Overview of genetic inheritance with an emphasis on genetic diseases in dogs, Genetics, including illustrations of meiosis. Introduction to Genetics.
- Article White Boxers and Deafness www
Article by Dr Bruce Cattanachabout, Boxers and Deafness, about the inheritance of white coat in this breed and the association with deafness. White Boxers and Deafness.
- Including Canid Genetics www
Including the genetic relationship of wolf and dog, Genetics, and comments on the famous Robert Wayne research papers. Canid Genetics.
- Evolution Early Man Needs Dog www
Evolution of the first dogs in the Middle East, Man Needs Dog, including the Saluki. Early Man Needs Dog.
- Articles, Crazy for Dogs www
Articles, for Dogs, postcards, games, photos, a dog of the week -- all for celebrating your dog. Crazy for Dogs.
- Comprehensive Dog Channel www
Comprehensive dog resource, Channel, including sections devoted to dog care, puppy adoption, dog breeds, books, magazines, and tips. Dog Channel.
- Alexa: Genetics Dogs
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Genetics Dogs
- DMOZ: Genetics Dogs
dmoz.org Directory: Genetics Dogs