Scuba Diving Outdoors Recreation.
Unlike other modes of diving, which rely either on breath-hold or on breathing supplied under pressure from the surface, scuba divers carry their own source of breathing gas, usually compressed air, allowing them greater freedom of movement than with an air line or diver's umbilical and longer underwater endurance than breath-hold. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Scuba diving is a form of underwater diving where the diver uses a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus which is completely independent of surface supply, to breathe underwater. Scuba divers carry their own source of breathing gas, usually compressed air, allowing them greater independence and freedom of movement than surface-supplied divers, and longer underwater endurance than breath-hold divers. Open circuit scuba systems discharge the breathing gas into the environment as it is exhaled, and consist of one or more diving cylinders containing breathing gas at high pressure which is supplied to the diver through a regulator. They may include additional cylinders for decompression gas or emergency breathing gas. Closed-circuit or semi-closed circuit rebreather scuba systems allow recycling of exhaled gases. The volume of gas used is reduced compared to that of open circuit; therefore, a smaller cylinder or cylinders, may be used for an equivalent dive duration.
- Aqualung , a type of breathing set.
- Artificial gills (human) - Artificial gills are unproven conceptualised devices to allow a human to be able to take in oxygen from surrounding water. This is speculative technology that has not been demonstrated in a documented fashion.
- Sea Hunt , a television fiction series about scuba diving.
- Recreational diving
- Diving equipment configurations
- Underwater diving procedures
- Underwater sports
- Outdoor recreation
- The Quintana Roo Speleological Survey www
The Survey and Cartography of The Underwater Caves of Quintana Roo Mexico. Roo Speleological Survey. Includes exploration reports, surveys, descriptions, maps and contact info. Quintana Roo Speleological Survey.
- A Quiet Diver www
A blog about seeking excellence in cave diving in Mexico. Diver. Photos, surveys and information on equipment, diet, fitness and training. Quiet Diver.
- Discussion The Scuba Stop www
Discussion forums covering equipment, Scuba Stop, diving specialities, training, dive locations and travel. The Scuba Stop.
- Forums Scubish www
Forums offering discussions about vacation destinations and equipment. Scubish.
- Scuba Undercurrent www
Scuba divers' magazine. Undercurrent. Online version has a few select articles, in "latest issues" and "back issues index", some of which cover equipment reviews. Undercurrent.
- Reviews Epinions: Scuba Diving www
Reviews on equipment and destinations written by consumers at Epinions. Scuba Diving.com. Epinions: Scuba Diving.
- Annual Ghost Ships Festival www
Annual convention in Milwaukee, Ships Festival, Wisconsin, USA featuring films, seminars, and classes on Great Lakes wreck diving and history. Ghost Ships Festival.
- Information UK Dive Shows www
Information on the main UK Dive Shows - Dive (NEC, Dive Shows, Birmingham, Autumn) London International Dive Show (ExCel, London, Spring) and Dive Scotland. UK Dive Shows.
- Large Diveindex www
Large directory of scuba diving related websites. Diveindex.
- Searchable Diving Bases of the World www
Searchable database of dive businesses around the world. Bases of the World. [German and English] Diving Bases of the World.
- A DAN Divers Alert Network www
A non-profit scuba diving and dive safety association providing expert medical advice for underwater injuries, Divers Alert Network, emergency information, research, and products. DAN Divers Alert Network.
- A American Academy of Underwater Sciences www
A non-Profit group composed of diving scientists who are dedicated to the establishment and maintenance of standards for scientific diving. American Academy of Underwater Sciences.
- Alexa: Scuba Diving Outdoors
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Scuba Diving Outdoors
- DMOZ: Scuba Diving Outdoors
dmoz.org Directory: Scuba Diving Outdoors