Scuba Diving Outdoors Recreation.
Unlike other modes of diving, which rely either on breath-hold or on breathing supplied under pressure from the surface, scuba divers carry their own source of breathing gas, usually compressed air, allowing them greater freedom of movement than with an air line or diver's umbilical and longer underwater endurance than breath-hold. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Scuba diving is a mode of underwater diving where the diver uses a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus which is completely independent of surface supply, to breathe underwater. Scuba divers carry their own source of breathing gas, usually compressed air, allowing them greater independence and freedom of movement than surface-supplied divers, and longer underwater endurance than breath-hold divers. Open circuit scuba systems discharge the breathing gas into the environment as it is exhaled, and consist of one or more diving cylinders containing breathing gas at high pressure which is supplied to the diver through a regulator. They may include additional cylinders for range extension, decompression gas or emergency breathing gas. Closed-circuit or semi-closed circuit rebreather scuba systems allow recycling of exhaled gases. The volume of gas used is reduced compared to that of open circuit, so a smaller cylinder or cylinders may be used for an equivalent dive duration.
- Aqualung , a type of breathing set.
- Artificial gills (human) - Artificial gills are unproven conceptualised devices to allow a human to be able to take in oxygen from surrounding water. This is speculative technology that has not been demonstrated in a documented fashion.
- Sea Hunt , a television fiction series about scuba diving.
- Recreational diving
- Diving equipment configurations
- Underwater diving procedures
- Underwater sports
- Outdoor recreation
- An Mexico Profundo www
An organisation undertaking exploration, Profundo, scientific study and mapping of water filled caves and related features in México and Central America. Mexico Profundo.
- A Cave Diver's Forum www
A place on the Internet for civil discussions of anything cave diving related. Diver's Forum. This site contains plenty of comments, stories, reports, and opinions. Main cave diving forum for USA cave divers. Cave Diver's Forum.
- General, Deeper Blue www
General, Blue, freediving, spearfishing and technical diving forums. Deeper Blue.
- Recreational MidwestDive www
Recreational and technical diving forums. MidwestDive.
- Dedicated The Rebreather Web Site www
Dedicated to the dissemination of information regarding the art and science of diving rebreathers of all types. The Rebreather Web Site.
- Reviews Epinions: Scuba Diving www
Reviews on equipment and destinations written by consumers at Epinions. Scuba Diving.com. Epinions: Scuba Diving.
- The Boston Sea Rovers Clinic www
The oldest SCUBA show in the US. Sea Rovers Clinic. Annual event, March (first weekend), Massachusetts, USA. Boston Sea Rovers Clinic.
- Annual Beneath The Sea www
Annual consumer dive show in New Jersey. The Sea. Dates, hours of operation, photo contest, mailing list signup, and information on exhibiting are included. Beneath The Sea.
- General Dive Flag www
General information on scuba diving, Flag, including discussion forum and web ring for non-profit dive and scuba clubs. Dive Flag.
- A Scuba Navigator www
A free SCUBA directory that allows both divers and diving businesses to perform instant additions to a fully searchable database. Navigator. Photographers can submit their photos and have their biography included alongside. Scuba Navigator.
- SMART San Marcos Area Recovery Team www
SMART Divers was organized to assist public service agencies and organizations with underwater search, Marcos Area Recovery Team, recovery, and crime scene investigations. San Marcos Area Recovery Team.
- A International Association of Dive Rescue Specialists www
A non-profit organization for rescue and recovery divers. Association of Dive Rescue Specialists. Features membership and conference information, mission statement, contacts, news and photos. International Association of Dive Rescue Specialists.
- Alexa: Scuba Diving Outdoors
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Scuba Diving Outdoors
- DMOZ: Scuba Diving Outdoors
dmoz.org Directory: Scuba Diving Outdoors