Scuba Diving Outdoors Recreation.
Unlike other modes of diving, which rely either on breath-hold or on breathing supplied under pressure from the surface, scuba divers carry their own source of breathing gas, usually compressed air, allowing them greater freedom of movement than with an air line or diver's umbilical and longer underwater endurance than breath-hold. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Scuba diving is a mode of underwater diving where the diver uses a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus which is completely independent of surface supply, to breathe underwater. Scuba divers carry their own source of breathing gas, usually compressed air, allowing them greater independence and freedom of movement than surface-supplied divers, and longer underwater endurance than breath-hold divers. Open circuit scuba systems discharge the breathing gas into the environment as it is exhaled, and consist of one or more diving cylinders containing breathing gas at high pressure which is supplied to the diver through a regulator. They may include additional cylinders for range extension, decompression gas or emergency breathing gas. Closed-circuit or semi-closed circuit rebreather scuba systems allow recycling of exhaled gases. The volume of gas used is reduced compared to that of open circuit, so a smaller cylinder or cylinders may be used for an equivalent dive duration.
- Aqualung , a type of breathing set.
- Artificial gills (human) - Artificial gills are unproven conceptualised devices to allow a human to be able to take in oxygen from surrounding water. This is speculative technology that has not been demonstrated in a documented fashion.
- Sea Hunt , a television fiction series about scuba diving.
- Recreational diving
- Diving equipment configurations
- Underwater diving procedures
- Underwater sports
- Outdoor recreation
- The Cave Diving in Greece www
The exploration of Drakos and Polidrosso together with team, Diving in Greece, equipment and contact information. Cave Diving in Greece.
- Covers The Cave Diving Website www
Covers what is involved, Cave Diving Website, who can be a diver, when, where and how. Includes safety rules for diving in Florida and Mexico. The Cave Diving Website.
- Recreational MidwestDive www
Recreational and technical diving forums. MidwestDive.
- Forums Scuba Addict www
Forums and photo galleries. Scuba Addict.
- Photographic HowStuffWorks: How SCUBA Works www
Photographic tour of everything you need to know about SCUBA and dive equipment, How SCUBA Works, and how your body reacts to the underwater environment. HowStuffWorks: How SCUBA Works.
- Independent Test Dive www
Independent scuba equipment, Dive, dive sites and dive boat operator reviews. UK focus. Test Dive.
- Information UK Dive Shows www
Information on the main UK Dive Shows - Dive (NEC, Dive Shows, Birmingham, Autumn) London International Dive Show (ExCel, London, Spring) and Dive Scotland. UK Dive Shows.
- Annual Ghost Ships Festival www
Annual convention in Milwaukee, Ships Festival, Wisconsin, USA featuring films, seminars, and classes on Great Lakes wreck diving and history. Ghost Ships Festival.
- General Dive Flag www
General information on scuba diving, Flag, including discussion forum and web ring for non-profit dive and scuba clubs. Dive Flag.
- Within UKDivers.com www
Within the directory you'll find UK diving clubs, UKDivers.com, shops, training agencies, and other related web sites. Includes a forum and classified advertisements. UKDivers.com.
- Advises UK Sport Diving Medical Committee www
Advises three UK diving organizations - BSAC, Sport Diving Medical Committee, SAA and SSAC on medical issues including fitness to dive. Includes medical standards, referees, research reviews, and contact information. UK Sport Diving Medical Committee.
- Promotes Cayman Islands Watersports Operators Association www
Promotes safety and cooperation among local dive operators. Islands Watersports Operators Association. Includes Code of Safety Requirement and Standards. Cayman Islands Watersports Operators Association.
- Alexa: Scuba Diving Outdoors
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Scuba Diving Outdoors
- DMOZ: Scuba Diving Outdoors
dmoz.org Directory: Scuba Diving Outdoors