Scuba Diving Outdoors Recreation.
Unlike other modes of diving, which rely either on breath-hold or on breathing supplied under pressure from the surface, scuba divers carry their own source of breathing gas, usually compressed air, allowing them greater freedom of movement than with an air line or diver's umbilical and longer underwater endurance than breath-hold. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Scuba diving is a form of underwater diving where the diver uses a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus which is completely independent of surface supply, to breathe underwater. Scuba divers carry their own source of breathing gas, usually compressed air, allowing them greater independence and freedom of movement than surface-supplied divers, and longer underwater endurance than breath-hold divers. Open circuit scuba systems discharge the breathing gas into the environment as it is exhaled, and consist of one or more diving cylinders containing breathing gas at high pressure which is supplied to the diver through a regulator. They may include additional cylinders for decompression gas or emergency breathing gas. Closed-circuit or semi-closed circuit rebreather scuba systems allow recycling of exhaled gases. The volume of gas used is reduced compared to that of open circuit; therefore, a smaller cylinder or cylinders, may be used for an equivalent dive duration.
- Aqualung , a type of breathing set.
- Artificial gills (human) - Artificial gills are unproven conceptualised devices to allow a human to be able to take in oxygen from surrounding water. This is speculative technology that has not been demonstrated in a documented fashion.
- Sea Hunt , a television fiction series about scuba diving.
- Recreational diving
- Diving equipment configurations
- Underwater diving procedures
- Underwater sports
- Outdoor recreation
- The European Karst Plain Project www
The EKPP dives primarily in Frane using DIR diving techniques. Karst Plain Project. Project information, training, history, images and videos. European Karst Plain Project.
- Agnes Agnes Milowka Passion Daring Adventure www
Agnes Milowka continues to go where no man has gone before, Milowka Passion Daring Adventure, exploring and pushing new cave systems and bringing back images from her adventures. Agnes Milowka Passion Daring Adventure.
- Forums Scubish www
Forums offering discussions about vacation destinations and equipment. Scubish.
- General, Deeper Blue www
General, Blue, freediving, spearfishing and technical diving forums. Deeper Blue.
- Dedicated The Rebreather Web Site www
Dedicated to the dissemination of information regarding the art and science of diving rebreathers of all types. The Rebreather Web Site.
- Scuba Undercurrent www
Scuba divers' magazine. Undercurrent. Online version has a few select articles, in "latest issues" and "back issues index", some of which cover equipment reviews. Undercurrent.
- Chicago Our World Underwater www
Chicago based consumer dive show, World Underwater, open to the general public, with information on hotel accommodations, hours and dates of operation, exhibitor contacts, film festivals, along with workshop details. Our World Underwater.
- Annual Ghost Ships Festival www
Annual convention in Milwaukee, Ships Festival, Wisconsin, USA featuring films, seminars, and classes on Great Lakes wreck diving and history. Ghost Ships Festival.
- Airline, CaribbeanDiving www
Airline, CaribbeanDiving, hotel, and dive listings for traveling in the Caribbean. Includes profiles and maps of each island. CaribbeanDiving.
- A Scubaspots.com www
A thorough directory of scuba resources from around the Internet. Scubaspots.com.
- SMART San Marcos Area Recovery Team www
SMART Divers was organized to assist public service agencies and organizations with underwater search, Marcos Area Recovery Team, recovery, and crime scene investigations. San Marcos Area Recovery Team.
- Based American Canadian Underwater Certifications, Inc. www
Based in Canada, Canadian Underwater Certifications, Inc., with worldwide operations. Lists ACUC dive centers, information about training programs, and provides some online services for Canadian and USA members. American Canadian Underwater Certifications, Inc..
- Alexa: Scuba Diving Outdoors
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Scuba Diving Outdoors
- DMOZ: Scuba Diving Outdoors
dmoz.org Directory: Scuba Diving Outdoors