Scuba Diving Outdoors Recreation.
Unlike other modes of diving, which rely either on breath-hold or on breathing supplied under pressure from the surface, scuba divers carry their own source of breathing gas, usually compressed air, allowing them greater freedom of movement than with an air line or diver's umbilical and longer underwater endurance than breath-hold. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Scuba diving is a form of underwater diving where the diver uses a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus which is completely independent of surface supply, to breathe underwater. Scuba divers carry their own source of breathing gas, usually compressed air, allowing them greater independence and freedom of movement than surface-supplied divers, and longer underwater endurance than breath-hold divers. Open circuit scuba systems discharge the breathing gas into the environment as it is exhaled, and consist of one or more diving cylinders containing breathing gas at high pressure which is supplied to the diver through a regulator. They may include additional cylinders for decompression gas or emergency breathing gas. Closed-circuit or semi-closed circuit rebreather scuba systems allow recycling of exhaled gases. The volume of gas used is reduced compared to that of open circuit; therefore, a smaller cylinder or cylinders, may be used for an equivalent dive duration.
- Aqualung , a type of breathing set.
- Artificial gills (human) - Artificial gills are unproven conceptualised devices to allow a human to be able to take in oxygen from surrounding water. This is speculative technology that has not been demonstrated in a documented fashion.
- Sea Hunt , a television fiction series about scuba diving.
- Recreational diving
- Diving equipment configurations
- Underwater diving procedures
- Underwater sports
- Outdoor recreation
- The Cave Diving Group www
The official web site for the CDG of Great Britain. Cave Diving Group.
- The Cave Diving Down Under www
The definitive resource for Australian cave diving containing: expedition and dive reports, Diving Down Under, equipment reviews, information on cave diving sites across the country, cave maps, cave diving systems and training information. Cave Diving Down Under.
- Forums Scuba Addict www
Forums and photo galleries. Scuba Addict.
- General, Deeper Blue www
General, Blue, freediving, spearfishing and technical diving forums. Deeper Blue.
- Reviews Epinions: Scuba Diving www
Reviews on equipment and destinations written by consumers at Epinions. Scuba Diving.com. Epinions: Scuba Diving.
- Dedicated The Rebreather Web Site www
Dedicated to the dissemination of information regarding the art and science of diving rebreathers of all types. The Rebreather Web Site.
- Chicago Our World Underwater www
Chicago based consumer dive show, World Underwater, open to the general public, with information on hotel accommodations, hours and dates of operation, exhibitor contacts, film festivals, along with workshop details. Our World Underwater.
- Annual Ghost Ships Festival www
Annual convention in Milwaukee, Ships Festival, Wisconsin, USA featuring films, seminars, and classes on Great Lakes wreck diving and history. Ghost Ships Festival.
- A Scuba Travel www
A guide for divers who like to travel. Travel. Dive sites, accommodations, dive operators, travel tips and personal views written from experience. Scuba Travel.
- Scuba Dive Extreme www
Scuba diving resource centre with information on weather, Extreme, tides, and dive sites. Dive Extreme.
- A Oceanic Research Group www
A non-profit environmental organization dedicated to ocean conservation with large stock photo archive. Oceanic Research Group.
- Offers Bahamas Diving Association www
Offers a complete scuba diving guide to The Islands of The Bahamas. Bahamas Diving Association.
- Alexa: Scuba Diving Outdoors
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Scuba Diving Outdoors
- DMOZ: Scuba Diving Outdoors
dmoz.org Directory: Scuba Diving Outdoors