Metal detecting is the activity of searching for, and the recovery of, metal objects such as coins, jewelry, artifacts or other items with an electronic device (a metal detector). The term is generally associated with the act of treasure hunting, which implies that the metal objects have value. Metal Detecting Outdoors Recreation.
- Diggers (TV series) - Diggers was an American reality television series, shown on National Geographic Channel.
- J zef Kosacki - J zef Stanis?aw Kosacki was a Polish professor engineer, inventor, and an officer in the Polish Army during World War II. He is best known as the inventor of the Polish mine detector, the first man-portable mine detector, whose basic design has been in use with various armies for over 50 years.
- Magnet fishing - Magnet fishing, also called magnetic fishing, is searching in outdoor waters for Ferromagnetic objects available to pull with a strong neodymium magnet.
- Metal detector - A metal detector is an electronic instrument which detects the presence of metal nearby. Metal detectors are useful for finding metal inclusions hidden within objects, or metal objects buried underground.
- Polish mine detector - The Mine detector Mark I was a metal detector for landmines developed during World War II. Initial work on the design had started in Poland but after the invasion of Poland by the Germans in 1939, and then the Fall of France in 1940, it was not until the winter of 1941?1942 that work was...
- Portable Antiquities Scheme - The Portable Antiquities Scheme is a voluntary programme run by the United Kingdom government to record the increasing numbers of small finds of archaeological interest found by members of the public. The scheme was begun in 1997 and now covers most of England and Wales.
- UK Detector Finds Database - The UK Detector Finds Database is an initiative by some members of the metal-detecting community in the United Kingdom to promote good practice within the hobby. It is an online facility for detectorists to record their finds and ensure that the information is preserved for future generations.
- Forums, Coinist's Metal Detecting Web$ite www
Forums, Metal Detecting Web$ite, XLT custom programs, Explorer Settings, tips and hints, research center and links to other sites. Coinist's Metal Detecting Web$ite.
- Provides California Metal Detecting www
Provides general discussions, Metal Detecting, help for beginners, information about bottles and collectables, announcements, a list of treasure buddies, and classifieds. California Metal Detecting.
- Offers TreasuresBelow www
Offers Garrett and Bounty Hunter metal detectors and accessories. TreasuresBelow.
- Offer Ranger-Tell www
Offer a range of custom made long range locators. Ranger-Tell.
- Includes JB's Metal Detecting Resource Site www
Includes Spectrum XLT programs, Metal Detecting Resource Site, tips and hints, resource links and a research center. JB's Metal Detecting Resource Site.
- Includes Tom's Treasures www
Includes tips and tricks, Treasures, equipment reviews, photos of finds, forum, events schedule, swap shop and dealer directory. Tom's Treasures.
- User Metal Detector Reviews www
User contributed product evaluations and discussion forums. Metal Detector Reviews.
- Offers This and That www
Offers advice on air testing metal detectors, and That, pinpointing probes, tips, and stories about Melvin Cogsworth, a private detectorist. This and That.
- Includes Treasure Hunter's Gazette www
Includes articles, Hunter's Gazette, product reviews, forums, polls, club events, photo galleries and user journals. Treasure Hunter's Gazette.
- Newsletter Dan Clark's Somewhere in Time www
Newsletter includes photos of finds in Michigan, Clark's Somewhere in Time, plans for building accessories and links to forums, clubs, dealers and hobbyists' home pages. Dan Clark's Somewhere in Time.
- Bulgarian Blisstool www
Bulgarian manufacturer of metal detectors and metal detecting accessories. Blisstool.
- Site Bounty Hunter www
Site that offers information and links to the Bounty Hunter range of machines. Bounty Hunter.
- Alexa: Metal Detecting Outdoors
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Metal Detecting Outdoors
- DMOZ: Metal Detecting Outdoors
dmoz.org Directory: Metal Detecting Outdoors