This section includes all forms of the ancient art of Venery. Venery is hunting with a pack of scenthounds, as opposed to sighthounds which hunt (or "course") their quarry by sight. The group of Scenthounds includes foxhounds, harriers, bassets, beagles and bloodhounds. The quarry includes fox, coyote, deer, mink, hare, cottontail, "clean boot" and drag. Human beings have been practising hunting with hounds and falconry for thousands of years - they are the most ancient of sports. Some of the traditions, such as the hunting horn, existed from the beginning. Although the traditions are held in common, some terms are not and can cause confusion when looking at sites in various countries. Foxhunting Hunting Outdoors Recreation.
Fox hunting is an activity involving the tracking, chase, and sometimes killing of a fox, traditionally a red fox, by trained foxhounds or other scent hounds, and a group of unarmed followers led by a "master of foxhounds" ("master of hounds"), who follow the hounds on foot or on horseback. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Fox hunting is an activity involving the tracking, chase and, if caught, the killing of a fox, traditionally a red fox, by trained foxhounds or other scent hounds, and a group of unarmed followers led by a "master of foxhounds", who follow the hounds on foot or on horseback.
- Fox hunting Category
- Beagling - Beagling is the hunting mainly of hares, but also rabbits, but definitely not foxes by beagles by scent. A beagle pack is usually followed on foot, and in some limited examples, mounted.
- Drag hunting - Drag hunting, or draghunting, is a form of equestrian sport, where mounted riders hunt the trail of an artificially laid scent with hounds.
- Duck netting - Duck netting is a non-competitive sport that, in modern times, is generally limited to play by the members of the Imperial House of Japan and their guests. It is believed to be peculiar to Japan generally, and to the Imperial Household specifically.
- Hunting the Clean Boot - Hunting the clean boot is a term that has been used in Britain to refer to the use of packs bloodhounds to follow a natural human scent trail.
- Hunting and shooting in the United Kingdom - In the United Kingdom hunting without qualification generally refers to hunting with hounds-normally fox hunting, beagling, stag hunting or minkhunting-whereas shooting is the shooting of game birds. What is called deer hunting elsewhere is deer stalking.
- Mink Hunting - Mink hunting is a country sport involving the hunting of American mink with scent hounds along the waterways which make up their habitat, in a manner similar to fox hunting.
- Rural society in the United Kingdom
- Hunting with hounds
- Matt's Matt Simpson's Foxhunting www
Matt's personal perspective on international fox hunting with an American slant. Simpson's Foxhunting. Includes information on the popular Foxhunters OnLine (FOL) email discussion group. Matt Simpson's Foxhunting.
- The BBC: Fox Hunting Worldwide www
The similarities and differences in hunting with hounds in various countries all over the world. Fox Hunting Worldwide. Story and audio clips. BBC: Fox Hunting Worldwide.
- Information Liam's Hunting Directory www
Information about hunting with hounds around the world including fox hunting, Hunting Directory, basseting, beagling and draghunting. Hunt club directory, hunt reports, news articles, audio and video clips. Liam's Hunting Directory.
- Adrian Telegraph: A liming time had by all www
Adrian Dangar. liming time had by all. Hunting with hounds in Trinidad and Tobago - the similarities and differences with hunting in the UK. Telegraph: A liming time had by all.
- Doug Foxhunting in Ol' Virginny www
Doug Morris's entertaining and informative site of worldwide fox hunting traditions, Ol' Virginny, commandments, glossary of terms, cartoons, animal rights weblog and photographs. Foxhunting in Ol' Virginny.
- Short Xenophon, On Hunting www
Short treatise on hunting with hounds (431-355 BC). Hunting. [English, Greek] Xenophon, On Hunting.
- Bibliography Selected Harrier Reading www
Bibliography of hunting literature, Harrier Reading, especially pertaining to harriers. Selected Harrier Reading.
- Overview CIC - Traditional Hunting Commission www
Overview of the Commission which is charged with better informing the public about this form of hunting and also to defend it wherever it is threatened. Traditional Hunting Commission. From the CIC, International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation. CIC - Traditional Hunting Commission.
- Overview Rallye Oostveldbeagles www
Overview of beagling and this recognized pack. Oostveldbeagles. Photos. Ghent area. Rallye Oostveldbeagles.
- Offers Wellington-Waterloo Fox Hunt www
Offers newsletters, Fox Hunt, photo gallery, membership and support information, market place and members area. Ontario. Wellington-Waterloo Fox Hunt.
- Governing Masters of Foxhounds Association www
Governing body of recognized fox, Foxhounds Association, coyote and drag hunting in the USA and Canada. Includes information on the sport and its history, as well as the official MFHA foxhound stud book, hound shows, publications, and charitable foundations. Directory of clubs. Masters of Foxhounds Association.
- Unmoderated Foxhunters OnLine www
Unmoderated mailing list about foxhunting, OnLine, horses and hounds. Foxhunters OnLine.
- Objectives Hunter Education - Ohio www
Objectives and synopsis from the Ohio Hunter Education Manual, Education - Ohio, including safety, ethics and equipment. Hunter Education - Ohio.
- An Hunting's Ethics www
An essay by Jonathan Detwiler, Ethics, a sophomore civil engineering student at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte. Hunting's Ethics.
- Alexa: Foxhunting Hunting
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Foxhunting Hunting
- DMOZ: Foxhunting Hunting
dmoz.org Directory: Foxhunting Hunting