Ultralight Backpacking Backpacking Hiking Outdoors Recreation.
- Wikipedia: Ultralight backpacking is a style of backpacking that emphasizes carrying the lightest and simplest gear safely possible for a given trip. Base pack weight is reduced as much as safely possible, though reduction of the weight of consumables is also applied.
- Camping - Camping is an outdoor activity involving overnight stays away from home in a shelter, such as a tent, a caravan, or a motorhome. Generally participants leave developed areas to spend time outdoors in more natural ones in pursuit of activities providing them enjoyment.
- Campfire - A campfire is a fire at a campsite that provides light and warmth, and heat for cooking. It can also serve as a beacon, and an insect and predator deterrent. Established campgrounds often provide a stone or steel fire ring for safety. Campfires are a popular feature of camping.
- Campsite - A campsite or camping pitch is a place used for overnight stay in an outdoor area.
- Fabrics :
- Units of textile measurement
- Cotton - Cotton is a soft, fluffy staple fiber that grows in a, or protective case, around the seeds of the cotton plants of the genus Gossypium in the mallow family Malvaceae. The fiber is almost pure cellulose. Under natural conditions, the cotton bolls will increase the dispersal of the seeds.
- Hiking equipment
- Provides Adventure Alan's Ultralight Backpacking Page www
Provides details about philosophy and approach, Alan's Ultralight Backpacking Page, equipment reviews, and trip reports. Adventure Alan's Ultralight Backpacking Page.
- Stories The Ultralight Backpacking Site www
Stories and information about ultralight backpacking. Ultralight Backpacking Site. Includes gear lists with weights, a backpacking food list with calorie counts, and links to other backpacking resources. The Ultralight Backpacking Site.
- Centerwalk Ultralight Backpacking and Outdoor Pursuits www
Centerwalk is a site for Ultralight Backpacking and Ultralight Backpackers. Backpacking and Outdoor Pursuits. Included are tips and techniques, as well as links to other sources of information. Ultralight Backpacking and Outdoor Pursuits.
- Ideas, Joe's Ultralight Backpacking www
Ideas, Ultralight Backpacking, perspectives, and gear lists from actual hikes. Joe's Ultralight Backpacking.
- Features Lighten Up - Ultralight Backpacking www
Features tips, - Ultralight Backpacking, thoughts and insights on reducing pack weight. Lighten Up - Ultralight Backpacking.
- Provides Great Lakes Lightweight Backpacking www
Provides personal notes on the ultra-light backpacking philosophy along with reviews for lightweight gear and shelters. Lakes Lightweight Backpacking. Explains techniques for carrying less weight that enhances the backpacking experience. Offers details about hikes in the Great Lakes region and northern lower Michigan. Great Lakes Lightweight Backpacking.
- Ultralight Lightweight and ultralight backpacking www
Ultralight backpacking adventure page with gear lists and trip reports. Lightweight and ultralight backpacking.
- An Backpacking Light www
An online journal promoting lightweight backpacking. Light. Provides editorials, features, how-to articles, and gear reviews. Backpacking Light.
- Ultralight Onestep's Ultralight Backpacking Resource www
Ultralight resource pages describing gear, Ultralight Backpacking Resource, fitness regimes and resources for lightweight backpacking. A forum is available along with a Tuesday night chat room. Onestep's Ultralight Backpacking Resource.
- Aids Ultralight Hiking www
Aids in the reduction of pack weight in preparing for long distance hiking or tramping. Hiking. Includes gear reviews and links to lightweight product sources. Ultralight Hiking.
- A Ultralight Backpacking Forum www
A place to ask questions, Backpacking Forum, and find answers, about Ultralight Backpacking gear and techniques. Ultralight Backpacking Forum.
- Information, The John Muir Trail www
Information, John Muir Trail, photographs and descriptions of the 211 mile long trail that goes from Yosemite Valley to Mt. Whitney. The John Muir Trail.
- A YetiZone www
A Himalayan trekking web guidebook to the Annapurna Circuit, YetiZone, the Everest Trek and the Langtang Trek. Over 650 kilometers of trekking description. YetiZone.
- Alexa: Ultralight Backpacking Backpacking
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Ultralight Backpacking Backpacking
- DMOZ: Ultralight Backpacking Backpacking
dmoz.org Directory: Ultralight Backpacking Backpacking