This section is for sites that have information about recreational cooking equipment that is used outdoors. Cooking Equipment Outdoors Recreation.
Cooking or cookery is the art, technology and craft of preparing food for consumption with the use of heat. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Cooking or cookery is the art, technology, science and craft of preparing food for consumption with or without the use of fire or heat. Cooking techniques and ingredients vary widely across the world, from grilling food over an open fire to using electric stoves, to baking in various types of ovens, reflecting unique environmental, economic, and cultural traditions and trends. The ways or types of cooking also depend on the skill and type of training an individual cook has. Cooking is done both by people in their own dwellings and by professional cooks and chefs in restaurants and other food establishments. Cooking can also occur through chemical reactions without the presence of heat, such as in ceviche, a traditional South American dish where fish is cooked with the acids in lemon or lime juice. Preparing food with heat or fire is an activity unique to humans.
- Cooking Category
- Carryover cooking - Carryover cooking is the phenomenon that food retains heat and continues to cook even after being removed from the source of heat.
- Control of fire by early humans - The control of fire by early humans was a turning point in the cultural aspect of human evolution. Fire provided a source of warmth, protection, improvement on hunting and a method for cooking food.
- Cookbook - A cookbook or cookery book is a kitchen reference containing recipes.
- Cooker Meanings
- Cooking weights and measures
- Cuisine - A cuisine is a style of cooking characterized by distinctive ingredients, techniques and dishes, and usually associated with a specific culture or geographic region. A cuisine is primarily influenced by the ingredients that are available locally or through trade.
- Home economics
- Survival skills
- Contains Homemade Camping Stoves www
Contains instructions for making some alcohol fuel stoves and their accessories. Homemade Camping Stoves.
- Includes Zen Backpacking Stoves www
Includes information on choosing a stove, Backpacking Stoves, types, operation, details of alcohol stoves and accessories. Zen Backpacking Stoves.
- Site Classic Camp Stoves www
Site for collectors and users of vintage camp stoves such as those made by Primus, Camp Stoves, Optimus, Radius, and Svea. Includes articles, instructions, FAQ, and images. Classic Camp Stoves.
- Camping Trangia www
Camping stoves and cookware. Trangia. [Swedish/English] Trangia.
- Identifies Consumersearch.com: Backpacking Stoves www
Identifies which products reviewers like and dislike, Backpacking Stoves, where they agree or disagree, and why. Consumersearch.com: Backpacking Stoves.
- Manufactures Optimus Outdoor and Expedition Stoves www
Manufactures liquid fuel stoves for hiking, Outdoor and Expedition Stoves, climbing, expeditions, marine and household. Includes technical specifications and schematic drawings. Optimus Outdoor and Expedition Stoves.
- Handmade No-Wimp www
Handmade BBQ and cooking tools made with golf club grips and shafts. No-Wimp.
- Retailer Firesticks www
Retailer of kindling that used as fire starters for fireplaces, Firesticks, campfires, wood stoves, pellet fuel stoves, and barbecues. Firesticks.
- Manufacturer Masterbuilt Outdoor Products www
Manufacturer of deep fryers, Outdoor Products, smokers, and grills. Masterbuilt Outdoor Products.
- Alexa: Cooking Equipment
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Cooking Equipment
- DMOZ: Cooking Equipment
dmoz.org Directory: Cooking Equipment