Caving is the exploration, study, conservation and enjoyment of caves and other underground structures. Speleology, caving, potholing, spelunking and urban speleology are all common terms that refer to these activities. Caving is a potentially dangerous extreme sport. It is highly recommended that you contact a local organisation to commence your participation in this fascinating recreation. "Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time." Caving Outdoors Recreation.
Caving — also traditionally known as spelunking in the United States and Canada and potholing in the United Kingdom and Ireland — is the recreational pastime of exploring wild (generally non- commercial ) cave systems. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Caving ? also traditionally known as spelunking in the United States and Canada and potholing in the United Kingdom and Ireland ? is the recreational pastime of exploring wild cave systems. In contrast, speleology is the scientific study of caves and the cave environment.
- Caving Category
- Vacuum excavation - A suction excavator or vacuum excavator is a construction vehicle that removes materials from a hole on land, or removes heavy debris on land.
- The Virtual Cave www
A wide-ranging introduction to the geology of caves. Virtual Cave. Organised by geological feature with pictures and clickable virtual maps.
- NSS Cavechat.org www
NSS discussion forum for US cavers including sections for cave diving, Cavechat.org, news, conservation, equipment, photography, rescue and surveying. Cavechat.org.
- An California Underground Online Exhibits www
An overview of the formation of caves, Underground Online Exhibits, cave conservation, photography and wildlife together with local educational resources. Diagrams, pictures and slide shows. California Underground Online Exhibits.
- Discussion U.S. Cavers Forum www
Discussion forums including caving, Cavers Forum, the NSS, the study of speleology, cave conservation and management, bats and gear. U.S. Cavers Forum.
- A World Cave Database www
A list of long and deep caves from all around the world. Cave Database. Listed by depth, length and country. World Cave Database.
- Illustration Paston Bats www
Illustration of a thatched barn, Bats, which is a breeding and hibernation site for a colony barbastelle, being saved from development in 2000 in Norfolk, England. Paston Bats.
- Includes The Bat Roost www
Includes information and photos about bats in Louisiana, Bat Roost, bird watching and landscaping with native plants. The Bat Roost.
- A Loco Gringo Underground www
A basic introduction to safe cave diving with some nice photographs. Loco Gringo Underground.
- An Mexico Profundo www
An organisation undertaking exploration, Profundo, scientific study and mapping of water filled caves and related features in México and Central America. Mexico Profundo.
- Magazine The Underground Photographer www
Magazine for subterranean images. Underground Photographer. Pictures and back issues. The Underground Photographer.
- Photographs Speleo.pl www
Photographs from caves around the world. Speleo.pl. Guest book, contacts, photographer information. Speleo.pl.
- A Cave Surveying Notes www
A detailed paper on the treatment and minimising of errors in surveying. Cave Surveying Notes.
- Post Cave Surveying Discussion Group www
Post a question or browse the archives. Cave Surveying Discussion Group.
- List UK and Europe Cave-Related Links www
List of club sites with separate university section. UK and Europe Cave-Related Links.
- This UK Caving's Virtual Foyer www
This site is an entry point to some key caving web-sites in the UK. Caving's Virtual Foyer. Choose a link from the list below. UK Caving's Virtual Foyer.
- Manufacturer PMI Ropes and Equipment www
Manufacturer and supplier of ropes and associated rigging equipment. PMI Ropes and Equipment.
- Fluorescent Nevtek www
Fluorescent cap lamps. Nevtek.
- Alexa: Caving Outdoors
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Caving Outdoors
- DMOZ: Caving Outdoors
dmoz.org Directory: Caving Outdoors