SCA-relevant sites hosted by SCA members. Currently, most of these sites belong in the various subcategories under Kingdoms. Only certain sites will remain here in the top-level SCA section. Members of the Society are encouraged to submit their sites for addition to the SCA areas of the The Directory. Sites relevant to a single kingdom will, by default, be located in a subsection of the appropriate kingdom. For official information on the SCA, visit the organization's website. Below are the modern territories of each SCA kingdom. Some are also listed in the description of that kingdom's subsection. AETHELMEARC -- West Virginia, western Pennsylvania, and western New York. Society for Creative Anachronism Living History Recreation.
The Society for Creative Anachronism ( SCA ) is an international living history group with the aim of studying and recreating mainly Medieval European cultures and their histories before the 17th century. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Society for Creative Anachronism is an international living history group with the aim of studying and recreating mainly Medieval European cultures and their histories before the 17th century. A quip often used within the SCA describes it as a group devoted to the Middle Ages "as they ought to have been", choosing to "selectively recreate the culture, choosing elements of the culture that interest and attract us". Founded in 1966, the non-profit educational corporation has over 30,000 paid members with about 60,000 total participants in the society.
- Society for Creative Anachronism Category
- Historical reenactment groups
- Medieval reenactment
- History of Berkeley, California
- Culture of Berkeley, California
- Non-profit organizations based in the San Francisco Bay Area
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Society for Creative Anachronism www
An international organization dedicated to researching and re-creating pre-17th-century European history. for Creative Anachronism. Includes information about membership, kingdoms, events, heraldry, customs, chivalry, news and related resources.
- A SCA-ARTS Listserv Citation Index www
A categorized index of links and citations from messages on the SCA-ARTS listserv. Listserv Citation Index. Major categories: crafts, metalwork, cultures, food, garb/clothing/fabric, health and safety, and performing arts. SCA-ARTS Listserv Citation Index.
- Over Dictionary of Period Russian Names www
Over 25, Period Russian Names,000 names; grammar and naming conventions, bibliography, name roots with dates, place names (cities) with dates. Dictionary of Period Russian Names.
- Up ShieldCam www
Up close and personal photographs of fighting at Pennsic from recent years and other activities from Pennsic and some AEthelmearc events. ShieldCam.
- SCA The Silver Horde www
SCA household focusing on Mongol research, Silver Horde, arts, sciences and martial activities. The Silver Horde.
- A The Hunt www
A searchable database of SCA-related sites and information of interest to SCA members, Hunt, including classified advertisements. Sites can be added by users. The Hunt.
- Mailing SCA Related E-mail Lists www
Mailing list information and Web links for most SCA kingdoms and principalities. SCA Related E-mail Lists.
- A The Shire of Barren Sands www
A local SCA branch covering Atlantic, Shire of Barren Sands, Cape May, Cumberland, and Salem Counties in southern New Jersey. The Shire of Barren Sands.
- An Rolls Ethereal www
An online "phone book" for SCAdians. Ethereal. Searchable database with thousands of entries. Rolls Ethereal.
- SCA Legio Draconis www
SCA Group dedicated to the art of combat. Legio Draconis.
- Archived Stefan's Florilegium Archive www
Archived messages from the rec. Florilegium Archive.org.sca newsgroup ("The Rialto") and other articles grouped by subject. Stefan's Florilegium Archive.
- Alexander Alexander's Pennsic War Website www
Alexander the Lost's guide to this premiere SCA event. Pennsic War Website. Message board for Pennsic parties and a rider board, pictures of prior Pennsic Wars. Alexander's Pennsic War Website.
- The The Pennsic War www
The Official site for the Pennsic War, Pennsic War, a yearly event between the Kingdom of the East and Kingdom of the Middle. The Pennsic War.
- Educational Lozengy www
Educational material on how to practise several arts including jewellery making, Lozengy, clock making and illumination. Lozengy.
- Delaware Shire of Caer Adamant www
Delaware chapter of the SCA. Shire of Caer Adamant.
- Resource Carolingian Fencing Page www
Resource for Renaissance-style fencers in the Society of Creative Anachronisms located in Boston, Fencing Page, Massachusetts. Includes information about classes, how historical recreation differs from the real thing, links, and a bibliography. Carolingian Fencing Page.
- Images La Couturiere Parisienne www
Images of fashion for use in recreating garments. La Couturiere Parisienne.
- Pictures Eva's Costuming Page www
Pictures and articles relating to historical costume from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. Eva's Costuming Page.
- A The Guild of Saint Olaus www
A Stockholm-based group re-creating civilian and military life in late-15th century Sweden. Guild of Saint Olaus. Description of group and their philosophy, photos of members, articles, contact information. [Requires Flash] The Guild of Saint Olaus.
- Interactive Knight's Tour www
Interactive education in Medieval history; historical everyday activities make history understandable. Tour. Base in Seattle, Washington; photos and contact information. Knight's Tour.
- Elizabethan The Tudor Group www
Elizabethan reenactment group interprets the later Tudor period of 1560-1603 to illustrate the ordinary facets of life during this fascinating period. The Tudor Group.
- A Hungerford Household www
A British living history group portraying domestic life and skills of the late medieval and Tudor periods. Hungerford Household.
- Includes Reenactor.net www
Includes listing of historical societies, Reenactor.net, organizations, and associations. Articles on reenactment and an events calendar. Reenactor.net.
- Everyday Museum Village www
Everyday village life of 150 years ago is made avid by knowledgeable interpreters demonstrating life in the 19th Century. Museum Village.
- Alexa: Society for Creative Anachronism Living History
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Society for Creative Anachronism Living History
- DMOZ: Society for Creative Anachronism Living History
dmoz.org Directory: Society for Creative Anachronism Living History