This section contains websites and pages of individuals and groups who perform professional stage combat demonstrations and professional jousting at Faires and similar reenactment events. Stage Combat Renaissance Faires Renaissance Europe By Historical Region Living History Recreation.
- Wikipedia: Stage combat is a specialised technique in theatre designed to create the illusion of physical combat without causing harm to the performers. It is employed in live stage plays as well as operatic and ballet productions. With the advent of cinema and television the term has widened to also include the choreography of filmed fighting sequences, as opposed to the earlier live performances on stage. It is closely related to the practice of stunts and is a common field of study for actors. Several actors famous for their stage fighting skills have backgrounds in dance or martial arts training.
- Hong Kong action cinema - Hong Kong action cinema is the principal source of the Hong Kong film industry's global fame.
- Martial arts film - Martial arts film is a film genre. A subgenre of the action film, martial arts films contain numerous martial arts fights between characters. They are usually the films' primary appeal and entertainment value, and often are a method of storytelling and character expression and development.
- Theatrical combat
- Choreographed combat
- Sports entertainment
- Performing arts
- Live Swords of Chivalry www
Live steel contact combat troupe performs stage demonstrations of swordsmanship. Chivalry. Membership information, event schedule, training events, safety rules. Swords of Chivalry.
- Theatrical Order of the Black Rose www
Theatrical Combat Group performs fighting of the Medieval and Renaissance Periods for Faires and similar public events in the California Bay area. the Black Rose. Descriptions and contact information. Order of the Black Rose.
- Douglas The Swordsmen www
Douglas R. Swordsmen. Mumaw as Dirk Perfect, and David B. Woolley as Guido Crescendohese; two gentlemen well-versed in the arts of poetry, posturing, handkissing, and swordplay. Biographies, photo gallery, and events schedule. The Swordsmen.
- Swordfighting The Duelists www
Swordfighting and comedy duo, Duelists, match wit and witticism, insult and innuendo. Schedule, biographies, reviews and show descriptions. The Duelists.
- Group New Riders of the Golden Age www
Group from the War Horse Farm in Sarasota, Riders of the Golden Age, Florida, have jousted professionally at Faires and similar events since 1982, using Belgian, Percheron, Shire, and Clydesdale horses and full suits of replica Sixteenth Century tilting armor which allows riders to engage in an authentic full contact joust. Events schedule. New Riders of the Golden Age.
- Reenactment Cardiff Rose Entertainments www
Reenactment group of fencers and actors based in California. Rose Entertainments. General variety shows and stage combat; demonstrations and instruction of foil, epee, sabre and rapier. Photo gallery. Cardiff Rose Entertainments.
- Sixteenth Don Juan and Miguel www
Sixteenth century portrayal of swordsmen Don Juan and Miguel as a stage show for Renaissance Faires and related events. Juan and Miguel. Events schedule, photo gallery, contact information. Don Juan and Miguel.
- Acting Royal Chessmen www
Acting troupe portrays living history through character interaction, Chessmen, staged combat, and living chess games; King Arthur's Round Table to Blackbeard's pirate ship. News, photo gallery, and events schedule. Royal Chessmen.
- Northwest's Seattle Knights Medieval Combat www
Northwest's medieval combat troupe with excellent equestrian skills, Knights Medieval Combat, high-energy acting, and choreographed stage combat using real steel weapons. Knights wear a variety of armor, including chainmail, leather, and full plate with weapons including broadswords, axes, and staves. Photo gallery, events schedule. Seattle Knights Medieval Combat.
- Located Ohio Renaissance Festival www
Located in Harveysburg, Renaissance Festival, OH. Visit the 16th Century and see Jousting , Robin Hood, and Queen Elizabeth I. Ohio Renaissance Festival.
- Theme Medieval World, USA www
Theme park scheduled to open in July, World, USA, 2005. Overview, photos, maps, sponsors, and project information. Medieval World, USA.
- Alexa: Stage Combat Renaissance Faires
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Stage Combat Renaissance Faires
- DMOZ: Stage Combat Renaissance Faires
dmoz.org Directory: Stage Combat Renaissance Faires