Ambigrams Wordplay Humor Recreation.
The earliest known non-natural ambigram dates to 1893 by artist Peter Newell. Although better known for his children's books and illustrations for Mark Twain and Lewis Carroll, he published two books of invertible illustrations, in which the picture turns into a different image entirely when turned upside down. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An ambigram is a word, art form or other symbolic representation whose elements retain meaning when viewed or interpreted from a different direction, perspective, or orientation.
- Anagram - An anagram is word or phrase formed by rearranging the letters of a different word or phrase, typically using all the original letters exactly once. For example, the word anagram can be rearranged into "nag a ram".
- G del, Escher, Bach by Douglas Hofstadter .
- Mirror writing - Mirror writing is formed by writing in the direction that is the reverse of the natural way for a given language, such that the result is the mirror image of normal writing: it appears normal when it is reflected in a mirror. It is sometimes used as an extremely primitive form of cipher.
- Palindrome - A palindrome is a word, phrase, number, or other sequence of characters which reads the same backward as forward, such as madam or "taco cat" or racecar.
- Strobogrammatic number - A strobogrammatic number is a number that appears the same when rotated 180 degrees, that is, it reads the same right-side up and upside down. A strobogrammatic prime is a strobogrammatic number that is also a prime number, i.e., a number that is only divisible by one and itself.
- Gustave Verbeek - Gustave Verbeek was a Dutch-American illustrator and cartoonist, best known for his newspaper cartoons in the early 1900s featuring an inventive use of word play and visual storytelling tricks.
- Constrained writing
- Word play
- This Nambigrams - a name ambigrams site [requires Flash] www
This is a commercial site that offers name designs in ambigram form suitable for invitations, a name ambigrams site [requires Flash], stationery, birthday cakes and anything that can be personalized. Nambigrams - a name ambigrams site [requires Flash].
- Artist Ambigram'me www
Artist Basile Morin presents his reversible words, Ambigram'me, logos, and ambigram galleries. Ambigram'me.
- Professional, Tiffany Harvey Ambigrams www
Professional, Harvey Ambigrams, flowing ambigrams that appear like hand lettering Tiffany Harvey Ambigrams.
- Ambigrams Ambigrams by Robert M. www
Ambigrams of famous celebrities and expressions. Ambigrams by Robert M..
- A 01101001 Ambigrams www
A gallery of ambigrams by 01101001, Ambigrams, a computer fan. 01101001 Ambigrams.
- Ambigram Uahlim's Ambipur Gallery (italian) www
Ambigram gallery with a matrioska ambigram. Ambipur Gallery (italian). Mostly in Italian but still appreciable by all. Uahlim's Ambipur Gallery (italian).
- French Gef's Ambigram Gallery www
French site in English, Ambigram Gallery, involving ambigrams of French people and phrases. Gef's Ambigram Gallery.
- An Martijn Slegers Ambigrams www
An eclectic collection of varied ambigrams drawn by Mr. Slegers Ambigrams. Slegers while he was laid up in his hospital bed Martijn Slegers Ambigrams.
- Ambigram Ambigram Magazine www
Ambigram news, Magazine, reviews and examples direct from the source: Ambigram.com Ambigram Magazine.
- Contains Scott Kim's page www
Contains examples of Scott Kim's ambigrams. Scott Kim's page.
- A Jutt's Weblog www
A blog displaying the ambigram artwork by Daan Juttmann. Jutt's Weblog.
- A Oosterwal Ambigrams www
A blog about ambigrams that spotlights designs by Erik Oosterwal as well as discussing designs by other ambigramists. Oosterwal Ambigrams.
- Introduction Stefan Gustavson Ambigrams www
Introduction to ambigrams, Gustavson Ambigrams, information about how the writer got involved in them, recommended book, and some of the author's own ambigrams. Stefan Gustavson Ambigrams.
- Gallery Planet Perplex Wordplay www
Gallery of ambigrams, Perplex Wordplay, drawings with words and other wordplay. Planet Perplex Wordplay.
- Art Sharath Kumar Ambigrams www
Art gallery quality lettering that pushes the envelope of the ambigram art form Sharath Kumar Ambigrams.
- Includes ThinkZone Ambigrams www
Includes a few ambigrams including 2 four-word ones and a circular one. ThinkZone Ambigrams.
- Ambigrams World Play www
Ambigrams by Cihan Altay in Turkish, Play, translated into English. World Play.
- Commercial WowTattoos www
Commercial site with stencils for the body from Wowtattoos. WowTattoos.
- Ambigrams David Hughes-Narborough Wordplay and Art www
Ambigrams and artwork by artist David Hughes-Narborough. David Hughes-Narborough Wordplay and Art.
- Flipscript Flipscript Ambigram Fonts www
Flipscript is the place to create custom ambigram tattoos and designs and is the home of the ambigram generator. Flipscript Ambigram Fonts.
- Presentation John Langdon's Ambigrams www
Presentation of John Langdon's artistic-like ambigrams. John Langdon's Ambigrams.
- Questions Stink Pink www
Questions have answers with two rhyming words. Stink Pink.
- Contains Dislexicon Word Generator www
Contains Dislexicon, Word Generator, which generates new made-up words and definitions for them. Dislexicon Word Generator.
- Alexa: Ambigrams Wordplay
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Ambigrams Wordplay
- DMOZ: Ambigrams Wordplay
dmoz.org Directory: Ambigrams Wordplay