Ambigrams Wordplay Humor Recreation.
The earliest known non-natural ambigram dates to 1893 by artist Peter Newell. Although better known for his children's books and illustrations for Mark Twain and Lewis Carroll, he published two books of invertible illustrations, in which the picture turns into a different image entirely when turned upside down. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An ambigram is a word, art form or other symbolic representation whose elements retain meaning when viewed or interpreted from a different direction, perspective, or orientation.
- Anagram - An anagram is a word or phrase formed by rearranging the letters of a different word or phrase, typically using all the original letters exactly once. For example, the word anagram can be rearranged into "naga ram".
- G del, Escher, Bach by Douglas Hofstadter .
- Mirror writing - Mirror writing is formed by writing in the direction that is the reverse of the natural way for a given language, such that the result is the mirror image of normal writing: it appears normal when it is reflected in a mirror. It is sometimes used as an extremely primitive form of cipher.
- Palindrome - A palindrome is a word, phrase, number, or other sequence of characters which reads the same backward as forward, such as madam or racecar.
- Strobogrammatic number - A strobogrammatic number is a number whose numeral is rotationally symmetric, so that it appears the same when rotated 180 degrees. In other words, the numeral looks the same right-side up and upside down.
- Gustave Verbeek - Gustave Verbeek was a Dutch-American illustrator and cartoonist, best known for his newspaper cartoons in the early 1900s featuring an inventive use of word play and visual storytelling tricks.
- Constrained writing
- Word play
- Ambigrams Ambigrams by Robert M. www
Ambigrams of famous celebrities and expressions. Ambigrams by Robert M..
- Artist Ambigram'me www
Artist Basile Morin presents his reversible words, Ambigram'me, logos, and ambigram galleries. Ambigram'me.
- A 01101001 Ambigrams www
A gallery of ambigrams by 01101001, Ambigrams, a computer fan. 01101001 Ambigrams.
- Ambigram Uahlim's Ambipur Gallery (italian) www
Ambigram gallery with a matrioska ambigram. Ambipur Gallery (italian). Mostly in Italian but still appreciable by all. Uahlim's Ambipur Gallery (italian).
- Flipscript Flipscript Ambigram Fonts www
Flipscript is the place to create custom ambigram tattoos and designs and is the home of the ambigram generator. Flipscript Ambigram Fonts.
- Contains Scott Kim's page www
Contains examples of Scott Kim's ambigrams. Scott Kim's page.
- Includes ThinkZone Ambigrams www
Includes a few ambigrams including 2 four-word ones and a circular one. ThinkZone Ambigrams.
- An Martijn Slegers Ambigrams www
An eclectic collection of varied ambigrams drawn by Mr. Slegers Ambigrams. Slegers while he was laid up in his hospital bed Martijn Slegers Ambigrams.
- Presentation John Langdon's Ambigrams www
Presentation of John Langdon's artistic-like ambigrams. John Langdon's Ambigrams.
- This Nambigrams - a name ambigrams site [requires Flash] www
This is a commercial site that offers name designs in ambigram form suitable for invitations, a name ambigrams site [requires Flash], stationery, birthday cakes and anything that can be personalized. Nambigrams - a name ambigrams site [requires Flash].
- Ambigrams World Play www
Ambigrams by Cihan Altay in Turkish, Play, translated into English. World Play.
- Ambigram Ambigram Magazine www
Ambigram news, Magazine, reviews and examples direct from the source: Ambigram.com Ambigram Magazine.
- French Gef's Ambigram Gallery www
French site in English, Ambigram Gallery, involving ambigrams of French people and phrases. Gef's Ambigram Gallery.
- Introduction Stefan Gustavson Ambigrams www
Introduction to ambigrams, Gustavson Ambigrams, information about how the writer got involved in them, recommended book, and some of the author's own ambigrams. Stefan Gustavson Ambigrams.
- Art Sharath Kumar Ambigrams www
Art gallery quality lettering that pushes the envelope of the ambigram art form Sharath Kumar Ambigrams.
- Gallery Planet Perplex Wordplay www
Gallery of ambigrams, Perplex Wordplay, drawings with words and other wordplay. Planet Perplex Wordplay.
- Commercial WowTattoos www
Commercial site with stencils for the body from Wowtattoos. WowTattoos.
- Ambigrams David Hughes-Narborough Wordplay and Art www
Ambigrams and artwork by artist David Hughes-Narborough. David Hughes-Narborough Wordplay and Art.
- A Oosterwal Ambigrams www
A blog about ambigrams that spotlights designs by Erik Oosterwal as well as discussing designs by other ambigramists. Oosterwal Ambigrams.
- Professional, Tiffany Harvey Ambigrams www
Professional, Harvey Ambigrams, flowing ambigrams that appear like hand lettering Tiffany Harvey Ambigrams.
- A Jutt's Weblog www
A blog displaying the ambigram artwork by Daan Juttmann. Jutt's Weblog.
- Explains The Word Spy www
Explains new words and phrases with new entries added regularly, Word Spy, plus archives of previous entries. The Word Spy.
- Heteronyms, Fun With Words www
Heteronyms, With Words, contronyms, eponyms, word/letter frequencies and other trivia. Fun With Words.
- Alexa: Ambigrams Wordplay
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Ambigrams Wordplay
- DMOZ: Ambigrams Wordplay
dmoz.org Directory: Ambigrams Wordplay