Anagrams, word trivia, puns, ambigrams, and palindromes to name a few. Often humorous but may also satisfy obsessive-compulsive cravings. Wordplay Humor Recreation.
Word play or wordplay (also: play-on-words ) is a literary technique and a form of wit in which the words that are used become the main subject of the work, primarily for the purpose of intended effect or amusement. (wikipedia)
- Wordplay A literary technique and a form of wit in which the words that are used become the main subject...
- Wordplay (film) A 2006 documentary film directed by Patrick Creadon.
- "Wordplay" (The Twilight Zone) The first segment of the second episode of the first season of the television series The Twilight...
- Wordplay (website) A film website created in 1997 by screenwriters Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio.
- Wordplay (musician) A musician and actor of mixed British and Black African descent.
- Engrish www
Documenting some of the more amusing misuses of the English language. Engrish.
- Dedicated Fun-with-words.com www
Dedicated to oddities of the English language plus various types of wordplay. Fun-with-words.com.
- Humorous Bovilexics.com www
Humorous new words and phrases created to define various important and unimportant concepts. Bovilexics.com.
- Linguistic Word Skit www
Linguistic contortions, Skit, weird and wonderful words, plus quotations. Word Skit.
- Questions Stink Pink www
Questions have answers with two rhyming words. Stink Pink.
- Plays The Tate Family Members www
Plays on words using "Tate" as a last name. The Tate Family Members.
- Contains Funny Names Site www
Contains names like Justin Credible and Mandy Lifeboats. Funny Names Site.
- Contains Dislexicon Word Generator www
Contains Dislexicon, Word Generator, which generates new made-up words and definitions for them. Dislexicon Word Generator.
- Includes Opundo www
Includes wordplay and oddities, Opundo, mathematica, theologica, computica, scientifica, and other humour. Opundo.
- See Lost in Translation www
See what happens when an English phrase is translated by computer back and forth between 5 different languages. Translation. Confusion results. Lost in Translation.
- Includes A Collection of Word Oddities and Trivia www
Includes book of word records, Collection of Word Oddities and Trivia, palindromic words, pangrams, most beautiful and ugly words, Scrabble words, and Bible word trivia. A Collection of Word Oddities and Trivia.
- Offers Corsinet.com www
Offers collections of word play, Corsinet.com, insults, riddles and jokes. Corsinet.com.
- Explains The Word Spy www
Explains new words and phrases with new entries added regularly, Word Spy, plus archives of previous entries. The Word Spy.
- Collection Scorpio Tales www
Collection of anagrams, Tales, pangrams, eponyms, heteronyms, contronyms, homophones and mangled English. Scorpio Tales.
- Categorized Dave's Fun Words www
Categorized list of words which are fun to say. Dave's Fun Words.
- Over The Mother of All Excuses Place www
Over 900 excuses to not go to work or school, Mother of All Excuses Place, police and accidents, breaking dates, doctor, missing church, diet, and taxes. The Mother of All Excuses Place.
- A Funnyname.com www
A collection of amusing, Funnyname.com, interesting, strange, and occasionally rude names from the phone book. Funnyname.com.
- Site Piece of Pi MadLibs www
Site featuring a collection of madlibs. Piece of Pi MadLibs.
- Gadzillion Things to Think About www
10, Things to Think About,000+ rhetorical questions. Accepts submissions. Gadzillion Things to Think About.
- A Faulkner or Machine Translation? www
A quiz to determine whether literary passages are the Faulkner originals or ones machine-translated from German into English. Machine Translation?. Faulkner or Machine Translation?.
- A Wordorium www
A repository of newfangled words with mangled or meandering meanings created by wordpeckers. Wordorium.
- Phrases Untruisms and One-Trick Words www
Phrases that are only used when they are untrue, and One-Trick Words, and words that can only be used within a cliche'. Untruisms and One-Trick Words.
- A Vocab Vitamins www
A new word each day, Vitamins, plus the tools to enable you to use it. Vocab Vitamins.
- Unscramble, Unscramble.net www
Unscramble, Unscramble.net, find, rhyme or define various words online. Unscramble.net.
- Entertaining The Collective Noun Page www
Entertaining and annotated listing of collective nouns such as 'a murder of crows' and 'a pomposity of professors'. The Collective Noun Page.
- Heteronyms, Fun With Words www
Heteronyms, With Words, contronyms, eponyms, word/letter frequencies and other trivia. Fun With Words.
- A Text Messages www
A collection of symbolic "smiley" messages. Text Messages.
- Scrambles Word Masher www
Scrambles your text but leaves the first and last letter of each word intact. Masher. The result is readable if you have a good vocabulary. Word Masher.
- Created Word Games Software www
Created specifically for Scrabble players, Games Software, a downloadable English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows. Word Games Software.
- How "Oh my God! There's an axe in my head." www
How to say this phrase in various languages. "Oh my God! There's an axe in my head.".
- Guess Vocal Names Riddles www
Guess a celebrity's name which is actually made of various words. Vocal Names Riddles.
- Information Loquacious Lipograms www
Information and links on lipograms, Lipograms, works of fiction that omit a single letter. Loquacious Lipograms.
- Definition Divinest-Sense.com: Tom Swifties www
Definition of this style of play on words, Tom Swifties, a collection of original and previously-known examples, and links to other collections. Divinest-Sense.com: Tom Swifties.
- Questions LazrChet's Rhetorical Questions www
Questions designed to open one's mind, Rhetorical Questions, even if no answer is expected. LazrChet's Rhetorical Questions.
- A Jutt's Weblog www
A blog displaying the ambigram artwork by Daan Juttmann. Jutt's Weblog.
- Commercial WowTattoos www
Commercial site with stencils for the body from Wowtattoos. WowTattoos.
- Hundreds Anagram Choice www
Hundreds of anagrams for you to solve. Anagram Choice.
- All National Puzzlers' League www
All of these anagrams are relevant to the source words. National Puzzlers' League.
- A Amazingly Bad Poetry Journal www
A collection of bad poetry and humorous comment on topical subjects. Amazingly Bad Poetry Journal.
- Weekly Featured Poetry www
Weekly selection of humorous and inspirational poems. Featured Poetry.
- Covers Aardvark Archie's Quotes www
Covers sex, Archie's Quotes, religion, celebrities, death and other topics. Aardvark Archie's Quotes.
- A A View on Buddhism www
A Buddhist organization's quotes on the human world. A View on Buddhism.
- A Bitter and Sarcastic www
A canonical list of generally bitter, and Sarcastic, cynical, and sarcastic away messages for messaging. Bitter and Sarcastic.
- Site Mind Your Own Business www
Site dedicated to proving that male etiquette is not an oxymoron. Mind Your Own Business.
- Creates Sloganizer www
Creates a meaningful, Sloganizer, meaningless or possible inspiring phrase. In English and German. Sloganizer.
- Alexa: Wordplay Humor
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Wordplay Humor
- DMOZ: Wordplay Humor
dmoz.org Directory: Wordplay Humor