Anagrams, word trivia, puns, ambigrams, and palindromes to name a few. Often humorous but may also satisfy obsessive-compulsive cravings. Wordplay Humor Recreation.
Word play or wordplay (also: play-on-words ) is a literary technique and a form of wit in which the words that are used become the main subject of the work, primarily for the purpose of intended effect or amusement. (wikipedia)
- Wordplay A literary technique and a form of wit in which the words that are used become the main subject...
- Wordplay (film) A 2006 documentary film directed by Patrick Creadon.
- "Wordplay" (The Twilight Zone) The first segment of the second episode of the first season of the television series The Twilight...
- Wordplay (website) A film website created in 1997 by screenwriters Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio.
- Wordplay (musician) A musician and actor of mixed British and Black African descent.
- Engrish www
Documenting some of the more amusing misuses of the English language. Engrish.
- A Wordorium www
A repository of newfangled words with mangled or meandering meanings created by wordpeckers. Wordorium.
- Linguistic Word Skit www
Linguistic contortions, Skit, weird and wonderful words, plus quotations. Word Skit.
- Gadzillion Things to Think About www
10, Things to Think About,000+ rhetorical questions. Accepts submissions. Gadzillion Things to Think About.
- A Text Messages www
A collection of symbolic "smiley" messages. Text Messages.
- Unscramble, Unscramble.net www
Unscramble, Unscramble.net, find, rhyme or define various words online. Unscramble.net.
- Includes Opundo www
Includes wordplay and oddities, Opundo, mathematica, theologica, computica, scientifica, and other humour. Opundo.
- Phrases Untruisms and One-Trick Words www
Phrases that are only used when they are untrue, and One-Trick Words, and words that can only be used within a cliche'. Untruisms and One-Trick Words.
- A Funnyname.com www
A collection of amusing, Funnyname.com, interesting, strange, and occasionally rude names from the phone book. Funnyname.com.
- Entertaining The Collective Noun Page www
Entertaining and annotated listing of collective nouns such as 'a murder of crows' and 'a pomposity of professors'. The Collective Noun Page.
- Scrambles Word Masher www
Scrambles your text but leaves the first and last letter of each word intact. Masher. The result is readable if you have a good vocabulary. Word Masher.
- A Faulkner or Machine Translation? www
A quiz to determine whether literary passages are the Faulkner originals or ones machine-translated from German into English. Machine Translation?. Faulkner or Machine Translation?.
- A Vocab Vitamins www
A new word each day, Vitamins, plus the tools to enable you to use it. Vocab Vitamins.
- Explains The Word Spy www
Explains new words and phrases with new entries added regularly, Word Spy, plus archives of previous entries. The Word Spy.
- Questions Stink Pink www
Questions have answers with two rhyming words. Stink Pink.
- Over The Mother of All Excuses Place www
Over 900 excuses to not go to work or school, Mother of All Excuses Place, police and accidents, breaking dates, doctor, missing church, diet, and taxes. The Mother of All Excuses Place.
- Site Piece of Pi MadLibs www
Site featuring a collection of madlibs. Piece of Pi MadLibs.
- Heteronyms, Fun With Words www
Heteronyms, With Words, contronyms, eponyms, word/letter frequencies and other trivia. Fun With Words.
- Created Word Games Software www
Created specifically for Scrabble players, Games Software, a downloadable English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows. Word Games Software.
- Categorized Dave's Fun Words www
Categorized list of words which are fun to say. Dave's Fun Words.
- Humorous Bovilexics.com www
Humorous new words and phrases created to define various important and unimportant concepts. Bovilexics.com.
- Dedicated Fun-with-words.com www
Dedicated to oddities of the English language plus various types of wordplay. Fun-with-words.com.
- Information Loquacious Lipograms www
Information and links on lipograms, Lipograms, works of fiction that omit a single letter. Loquacious Lipograms.
- See Lost in Translation www
See what happens when an English phrase is translated by computer back and forth between 5 different languages. Translation. Confusion results. Lost in Translation.
- Contains Funny Names Site www
Contains names like Justin Credible and Mandy Lifeboats. Funny Names Site.
- Definition Divinest-Sense.com: Tom Swifties www
Definition of this style of play on words, Tom Swifties, a collection of original and previously-known examples, and links to other collections. Divinest-Sense.com: Tom Swifties.
- Includes A Collection of Word Oddities and Trivia www
Includes book of word records, Collection of Word Oddities and Trivia, palindromic words, pangrams, most beautiful and ugly words, Scrabble words, and Bible word trivia. A Collection of Word Oddities and Trivia.
- Plays The Tate Family Members www
Plays on words using "Tate" as a last name. The Tate Family Members.
- Guess Vocal Names Riddles www
Guess a celebrity's name which is actually made of various words. Vocal Names Riddles.
- How "Oh my God! There's an axe in my head." www
How to say this phrase in various languages. "Oh my God! There's an axe in my head.".
- Questions LazrChet's Rhetorical Questions www
Questions designed to open one's mind, Rhetorical Questions, even if no answer is expected. LazrChet's Rhetorical Questions.
- Offers Corsinet.com www
Offers collections of word play, Corsinet.com, insults, riddles and jokes. Corsinet.com.
- Contains Dislexicon Word Generator www
Contains Dislexicon, Word Generator, which generates new made-up words and definitions for them. Dislexicon Word Generator.
- Collection Scorpio Tales www
Collection of anagrams, Tales, pangrams, eponyms, heteronyms, contronyms, homophones and mangled English. Scorpio Tales.
- Ambigrams World Play www
Ambigrams by Cihan Altay in Turkish, Play, translated into English. World Play.
- A Jutt's Weblog www
A blog displaying the ambigram artwork by Daan Juttmann. Jutt's Weblog.
- All National Puzzlers' League www
All of these anagrams are relevant to the source words. National Puzzlers' League.
- Former This Month's Anagram www
Former monthly anagram quiz. This Month's Anagram.
- Humorous A Walk in the Rain www
Humorous poems about everyday life in Ireland. A Walk in the Rain.
- A Amazingly Bad Poetry Journal www
A collection of bad poetry and humorous comment on topical subjects. Amazingly Bad Poetry Journal.
- Covers Aardvark Archie's Quotes www
Covers sex, Archie's Quotes, religion, celebrities, death and other topics. Aardvark Archie's Quotes.
- Quotes Amusing Quotes www
Quotes by the famous and not-so-famous, Quotes, sorted by category and author. Amusing Quotes.
- Offers Biblical Curse Generator www
Offers randomly selected curses from the Bible. Biblical Curse Generator.
- A Insults - Old, New, Borrowed, Blue www
A collection of insults presented as an e-book. Insults - Old, New, Borrowed, Blue.
- Humorous Innocent English www
Humorous misuses of the English language from students, English, politicians, shops, non-English and native speakers. Innocent English.
- Alexa: Wordplay Humor
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Wordplay Humor
- DMOZ: Wordplay Humor
dmoz.org Directory: Wordplay Humor