Entheogens: Substances which generate god or spirit within. Peyote or psilocybin mushrooms are traditional examples of this. However, entheogenic use can involve the use of various other psychedelics and psychoactives, such as ketamine, dextromethorphan, DMT, and even non-psychedelic drugs if used in a religious or spiritual context. Entheogens are not a section of drugs per se, but more a method of using them. Entheogens Drugs Recreation.
An entheogen ("generating the divine within") is any chemical substance used in a religious, shamanic, or spiritual context that often induces psychological or physiological changes. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An entheogen, from Greek, literally meaning "generating God within", is any psychoactive substance that induces a spiritual experience and is aimed at spiritual development. This terminology is often chosen to contrast with recreational use of the same drugs. For example, entheogens are used by curanderos to heal people but also by malevolent sorcerers to steal their energy.
- Drug classes defined by psychological effects
- Religious behaviour and experience
- The A Brief History of Peyote www
The divine cactus in historical context. A Brief History of Peyote.
- The Council on Spiritual Practices - Entheogens www
The purpose of the Entheogen Project is to systematically gather knowledge about the immediate and long-term effects of entheogen use. Spiritual Practices - Entheogens. Includes essays and an annotated list of topical books. Council on Spiritual Practices - Entheogens.
- Center Wasiwaska www
Center of studies for ayahuasca, Wasiwaska, the sacred brew of Amazonian shamans. Includes information about the center, and their seminars and presenters. Located in Brazil. Wasiwaska.
- Guide The Mad Hatter www
Guide to entheogen use; includes essays and information on drug laws and suppliers. The Mad Hatter.
- Provides Plot55.com www
Provides information on the cultivation, Plot55.com, preparation and use of entheogenic, hallucinogenic and psychoactive plants. Plot55.com.
- Features Peyote51 www
Features information on the history and chemistry of this plant, Peyote51, and links to related sites. Also offers for sale peyote cacti. Peyote51.
- Rare TokaCoka Seeds www
Rare plant species including peyote, Seeds, salvia divinorum and cannabis sativa. TokaCoka Seeds.
- Sells Cannapee Ethnobotanicals www
Sells a variety of ethnobotanical from around the world. Cannapee Ethnobotanicals.
- Homepage The Albert Hofman Foundation www
Homepage of the inventor of LSD. Albert Hofman Foundation. Contains articles, information about projects, reviews, and a virtual museum tour. The Albert Hofman Foundation.
- Information, HPPD: Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder www
Information, Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder, treatment, and forums for sufferers of HPPD (Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder), also known as flashbacks, which happens to some users of psychedelic drugs. HPPD: Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder.
- Discussion Ambitious Addict www
Discussion forum, Addict, photos, and user contributions. Ambitious Addict.
- An Alchemind Society www
An international nonprofit association of people working in the public interest to protect the fundamental right to freedom of thought through the use of drugs. Society. Includes news, law library, journal, plus organizational and membership information. Alchemind Society.
- Alexa: Entheogens Drugs
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Entheogens Drugs
- DMOZ: Entheogens Drugs
dmoz.org Directory: Entheogens Drugs