Recreational drugs are drugs which are taken for pleasure, rather than for a medical purpose. Some drugs are sometimes prescribed by doctors for a medical reason and are also taken without prescription by other people because they like the effect it has on them. This section covers sites about the recreational use of drugs. Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications lists sites about drugs, medications, and herbal health products taken for medical reasons. Drugs Recreation.
A drug is any substance other than food, that when inhaled, injected, smoked, consumed, absorbed via a patch on the skin or dissolved under the tongue causes a physiological change in the body. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A drug is any substance that, when inhaled, injected, smoked, consumed, absorbed via a patch on the skin, or dissolved under the tongue causes a temporary physiological change in the body.
- Controlled Substances Act - The Controlled Substances Act is the statute establishing federal U.S. drug policy under which the manufacture, importation, possession, use and distribution of certain substances is regulated.
- Drug development - Drug development is the process of bringing a new pharmaceutical drug to the market once a lead compound has been identified through the process of drug discovery.
- Inverse benefit law - The inverse benefit law states that the ratio of benefits to harms among patients taking new drugs tends to vary inversely with how extensively a drug is marketed. Two Americans, Howard Brody and Donald Light, have defined the inverse benefit law, inspired by Tudor Hart's inverse care law.
- Lifestyle drug - Lifestyle drug is an imprecise term commonly applied to medications which treat non?life-threatening and non-painful conditions such as baldness, wrinkles, erectile dysfunction, or acne, which the speaker perceives as either not medical problems at all or as minor medical conditions relative to...
- Pharmacognosy - Pharmacognosy is the study of medicinal drugs derived from plants or other natural sources.
- Placebo - A placebo is a substance or treatment with no active therapeutic effect. A placebo may be given to a person in order to deceive the recipient into thinking that it is an active treatment.
- The Vaults of Erowid www
Index of drugs, Vaults of Erowid, with physical effects, images, history, chemistry and law information for each. Articles and sections for wide variety of drug related material, including law, experiences, community, drug testing, spirituality, health, and artistic endeavors.
- An Alchemind Society www
An international nonprofit association of people working in the public interest to protect the fundamental right to freedom of thought through the use of drugs. Society. Includes news, law library, journal, plus organizational and membership information. Alchemind Society.
- Provides Archido: Archives for Drug Literature www
Provides database, Archives for Drug Literature, bibliographies, reviews, and links. [English and German] Archido: Archives for Drug Literature.
- Discussion Ambitious Addict www
Discussion forum, Addict, photos, and user contributions. Ambitious Addict.
- Provides Recreational Drugs Information www
Provides information about a wide range of recreational drugs, Drugs Information, including their effects and historical usages. Recreational Drugs Information.
- Information, Crack Cocaine www
Information, Cocaine, history, facts, and pictures of crack and cocaine. Crack Cocaine.
- Allows Drug Calculator www
Allows the user to calculate how much money is spent monthly and annually on drugs, Calculator, alcohol, and cigarettes. Drug Calculator.
- A Chill Pharm www
A portal for discussion of the drug counter-culture. Pharm. Featuring news, policy and health discussions, experiences, and techniques. Chill Pharm.
- Information Drugs Forum www
Information and forum about most recreational drugs. Drugs Forum.
- A Codeine Information www
A non-profit source of information on the recreational use of codeine, Information, dihydrocodeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, and pholcodine. Includes facts, extraction guide, list of products containing codeine, information on side effects, addiction and tolerance. Codeine Information.
- 40-ounce 40oz Malt Liquor dot COM www
40-ounce beer bottles photographed and reviewed, Malt Liquor dot COM, drunk photos, malt liquor parodies and a message board. 40oz Malt Liquor dot COM.
- Lobbying American Beverage Institute www
Lobbying organization of alcohol-serving establishments that promotes responsible recreational drinking and attempts to counter anti-alcohol campaigns. American Beverage Institute.
- Computer Marijuana Art by Jean Hanamoto www
Computer enhanced photographs of one of California's only legal marijuana gardens. Marijuana Art by Jean Hanamoto.
- The International Cannabinoid Research Society www
The purposes of the ICRS are to: foster research, Cannabinoid Research Society, hold scientific meetings, present and discuss research developments in the field and serve as a resource of reliable information concerning cannabis and the cannabinoids. International Cannabinoid Research Society.
- Center Wasiwaska www
Center of studies for ayahuasca, Wasiwaska, the sacred brew of Amazonian shamans. Includes information about the center, and their seminars and presenters. Located in Brazil. Wasiwaska.
- The A Brief History of Peyote www
The divine cactus in historical context. A Brief History of Peyote.
- Everything Australian Natural Highs FAQ www
Everything about natural drugs down under. Australian Natural Highs FAQ.
- The N2O (Nitrous Oxide) www
The official N2O FAQ, (Nitrous Oxide), also called Nitrous and Laughing Gas. N2O (Nitrous Oxide).
- Homepage The Albert Hofman Foundation www
Homepage of the inventor of LSD. Albert Hofman Foundation. Contains articles, information about projects, reviews, and a virtual museum tour. The Albert Hofman Foundation.
- Information HPPDonline.com www
Information and message boards for people with Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (flashbacks). HPPDonline.com.
- Provides Mazatec Garden www
Provides shamanistic herbs and herbal extracts including salvia divinorum, Garden, dream herb, sinicuichi, wild dagga, damiana, incense, kava and ephedra. Mazatec Garden.
- Offering Basement Lighting Hydroponics www
Offering grow lights, Lighting Hydroponics, hydroponics systems and accessories for indoor cultivation. Basement Lighting Hydroponics.
- Alexa: Drugs Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Drugs Recreation
- DMOZ: Drugs Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Drugs Recreation