Recreational drugs are drugs which are taken for pleasure, rather than for a medical purpose. Some drugs are sometimes prescribed by doctors for a medical reason and are also taken without prescription by other people because they like the effect it has on them. This section covers sites about the recreational use of drugs. Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications lists sites about drugs, medications, and herbal health products taken for medical reasons. Drugs Recreation.
A drug is any substance other than food, that when inhaled, injected, smoked, consumed, absorbed via a patch on the skin or dissolved under the tongue causes a physiological change in the body. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A drug is any substance that, when inhaled, injected, smoked, consumed, absorbed via a patch on the skin, or dissolved under the tongue causes a temporary physiological change in the body.
- Controlled Substances Act - The Controlled Substances Act is the statute establishing federal U.S. drug policy under which the manufacture, importation, possession, use and distribution of certain substances is regulated.
- Drug development - Drug development is the process of bringing a new pharmaceutical drug to the market once a lead compound has been identified through the process of drug discovery.
- Inverse benefit law - The inverse benefit law states that the ratio of benefits to harms among patients taking new drugs tends to vary inversely with how extensively a drug is marketed. Two Americans, Howard Brody and Donald Light, have defined the inverse benefit law, inspired by Tudor Hart's inverse care law.
- Lifestyle drug - Lifestyle drug is an imprecise term commonly applied to medications which treat non?life-threatening and non-painful conditions such as baldness, wrinkles, erectile dysfunction, or acne, which the speaker perceives as either not medical problems at all or as minor medical conditions relative to...
- Pharmacognosy - Pharmacognosy is the study of medicinal drugs derived from plants or other natural sources.
- Placebo - A placebo is a substance or treatment with no active therapeutic effect. A placebo may be given to a person in order to deceive the recipient into thinking that it is an active treatment.
- The Vaults of Erowid www
Index of drugs, Vaults of Erowid, with physical effects, images, history, chemistry and law information for each. Articles and sections for wide variety of drug related material, including law, experiences, community, drug testing, spirituality, health, and artistic endeavors.
- Erowid Psychoactive Vaults www
Information on entheogens, Psychoactive Vaults, psychedelics, and hallucinogens including traditional, spiritual, and responsible use, chemistry, effects, experiences, images, research, legislation, media coverage, bibliographies and links.
- Information Drugs Forum www
Information and forum about most recreational drugs. Drugs Forum.
- Discussion Ambitious Addict www
Discussion forum, Addict, photos, and user contributions. Ambitious Addict.
- An Alchemind Society www
An international nonprofit association of people working in the public interest to protect the fundamental right to freedom of thought through the use of drugs. Society. Includes news, law library, journal, plus organizational and membership information. Alchemind Society.
- Allows Drug Calculator www
Allows the user to calculate how much money is spent monthly and annually on drugs, Calculator, alcohol, and cigarettes. Drug Calculator.
- Provides Archido: Archives for Drug Literature www
Provides database, Archives for Drug Literature, bibliographies, reviews, and links. [English and German] Archido: Archives for Drug Literature.
- A Chill Pharm www
A portal for discussion of the drug counter-culture. Pharm. Featuring news, policy and health discussions, experiences, and techniques. Chill Pharm.
- A Codeine Information www
A non-profit source of information on the recreational use of codeine, Information, dihydrocodeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, and pholcodine. Includes facts, extraction guide, list of products containing codeine, information on side effects, addiction and tolerance. Codeine Information.
- Provides Recreational Drugs Information www
Provides information about a wide range of recreational drugs, Drugs Information, including their effects and historical usages. Recreational Drugs Information.
- Information, Crack Cocaine www
Information, Cocaine, history, facts, and pictures of crack and cocaine. Crack Cocaine.
- British Alcohol Stuff www
British site aimed at drinkers worldwide. Stuff. Drinking games, newsletter, jokes and alcoholic paraphernalia. Alcohol Stuff.
- Lobbying American Beverage Institute www
Lobbying organization of alcohol-serving establishments that promotes responsible recreational drinking and attempts to counter anti-alcohol campaigns. American Beverage Institute.
- Information High Times www
Information about marijuana and psychedelic drugs including cannabis photos, Times, cannabis cultivation techniques, drug testing information, psychedelic art, and articles from the magazine. High Times.
- International Sheseeds Marijuana Message Board www
International discussion forum includes links and photos. Sheseeds Marijuana Message Board.
- The Council on Spiritual Practices - Entheogens www
The purpose of the Entheogen Project is to systematically gather knowledge about the immediate and long-term effects of entheogen use. Spiritual Practices - Entheogens. Includes essays and an annotated list of topical books. Council on Spiritual Practices - Entheogens.
- Provides Plot55.com www
Provides information on the cultivation, Plot55.com, preparation and use of entheogenic, hallucinogenic and psychoactive plants. Plot55.com.
- Mushrooms, Natural Highs FAQ www
Mushrooms, Highs FAQ, cacti, Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, nutmeg, and datura. Natural Highs FAQ.
- Everything Australian Natural Highs FAQ www
Everything about natural drugs down under. Australian Natural Highs FAQ.
- Resource Tryptamind www
Resource on psychoactive, Tryptamind, psychedelic and hallucinogenic plants and the pharmacological effects of their active chemical constituents. Tryptamind.
- Offers Herbal Fire Botanicals www
Offers a selection of ethnobotanical and herbal products, Fire Botanicals, including salvia divinorum, mushrooms, and San Pedro cactus. Products are mostly extracts and plant parts, with a few seeds also available. Herbal Fire Botanicals.
- Cacti, Botanic-Art www
Cacti, Botanic-Art, herbs, herbal products, oils, extracts, tea, ethnobotanical seeds and plants for sale. Botanic-Art.
- Alexa: Drugs Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Drugs Recreation
- DMOZ: Drugs Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Drugs Recreation