Sites related to sports autograph and memorabilia fraud. Fraud Autographs Collecting Recreation.
In law, fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: In law, fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right. Fraud itself can be a civil wrong, a criminal wrong or it may cause no loss of money, property or legal right but still be an element of another civil or criminal wrong. The purpose of fraud may be monetary gain or other benefits, such as obtaining a passport or travel document, driver's license or qualifying for a mortgage by way of false statements.
- Fraud Category
- Bait-and-switch - Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud used in retail sales, but also employed in other contexts.
- Caper stories (such as The Sting ).
- Contract fraud - Breach of contract is a legal cause of action and a type of civil wrong, in which a binding agreement or bargained-for exchange is not honored by one or more of the parties to the contract by non-performance or interference with the other party's performance.
- Corruption - Political corruption is the use of powers by government officials for illegitimate private gain. An illegal act by an officeholder constitutes political corruption only if the act is directly related to their official duties, is done under color of law or involves trading in influence.
- Cramming (fraud) - Cramming is a form of fraud in which small charges are added to a bill by a third party without the subscriber's consent or disclosure. These may be disguised as a tax, some other common fee or a bogus service, and may be several dollars or even just a few cents.
- Creative accounting - Creative accounting is a euphemism referring to accounting practices that may follow the letter of the rules of standard accounting practices, but deviate from the spirit of those rules.
- Property crimes
- Tort law