Section contains sites that relate to collecting Tobacco items and memorabilia, such as lighters, packs, labels, advertisements and collectibles of a particular brand or character. Sites may be anything from personal collector sites, dealer sites, research and informational sites, etc. Tobacco Advertising Collectibles Collecting Recreation.
Tobacco is a product prepared from the leaves of the tobacco plant by curing them. The plant is part of the genus Nicotiana and of the Solanaceae (nightshade) family. (wikipedia)
- Dealers (Antiques and Collectibles)
- Wikipedia: Tobacco is a product prepared from the leaves of the tobacco plant by curing them. The plant is part of the genus Nicotiana and of the Solanaceae family. While more than 70 species of tobacco are known, the chief commercial crop is N. tabacum. The more potent variant N. rustica is also used around the world. Tobacco contains the alkaloid nicotine, which is a stimulant, and harmala alkaloids. Dried tobacco leaves are mainly used for smoking in cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, and flavored shisha tobacco. They can also be consumed as snuff, chewing tobacco, dipping tobacco and snus. Tobacco use is a risk factor for many diseases, especially those affecting the heart, liver, and lungs, as well as many cancers. In 2008, the World Health Organization named tobacco as the world's single greatest preventable cause of death.
- Tobacco Category
- Herbal and fungal stimulants
- Nicotinic agonists
- Native American religion
- Crops originating from the Americas
- IARC Group 1 carcinogens
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- Bimonthly The Cigar Label Gazette www
Bimonthly printed newsletter specializing in collecting cigar-label art. The Cigar Label Gazette.
- Article: The Internet Cigar Magazine www
Article: Collecting Antique Cigar Label Art The Internet Cigar Magazine.
- A Sergio & Monica Homepage www
A collection by a Brazilian guy who lives in Japan. & Monica Homepage. Pictures of rare packs from Japan and other countries. Site mainly in Portuguese with some English. Sergio & Monica Homepage.
- A Herbert Zach's Homepage www
A collector from Austria shows collection of cigarette packs. Zach's Homepage. Includes pictures and links to other collectors and companies. Herbert Zach's Homepage.
- Personal Lighterking www
Personal Web site of a lighter collector. Lighterking.
- A On The Lighter Side www
A club for lighter enthusiasts. On The Lighter Side.
- Site North American Society of Pipe Collectors www
Site of the NASPC with articles on tobacco smoking pipes, American Society of Pipe Collectors, pipe tobacco and all aspects of pipe collecting. Society Newsletter. North American Society of Pipe Collectors.
- Official Duke Homestead and Tobacco Museum www
Official site of the museum in Durham, Homestead and Tobacco Museum, North Carolina. Includes history of the Duke family, its tobacco business, and the homestead. Also includes museum information and photos. Duke Homestead and Tobacco Museum.
- Links Smoking Causes Web-Links www
Links to pro-smoking sites, Causes Web-Links, smokers' rights groups, tobacco companies. Smoking Causes Web-Links.
- A Antique Advertising www
A collector's site with old tins and signs, Advertising, country store items, antique advertising, and tobacciana. Antique Advertising.
- Images Burkett's Antiques www
Images from a twentieth century nostalgia collection. Antiques. Includes handy oilers, Aunt Jemima, and Girl Scout items. Burkett's Antiques.
- Alexa: Tobacco Advertising Collectibles
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Tobacco Advertising Collectibles
- DMOZ: Tobacco Advertising Collectibles
dmoz.org Directory: Tobacco Advertising Collectibles