The Boating section of Recreation is intended for sites dealing with general boating as a recreational and leisure pastime. Sites are not listed directly under the Boating section, but should be submitted to the lowest appropriate section under Boating or the next level up, if no suitable section exists. Boating Recreation.
Boating is the leisurely activity of travelling by boat, or the recreational use of a boat whether powerboats, sailboats, or man-powered vessels (such as rowing and paddle boats), focused on the travel itself, as well as sports activities, such as fishing or waterskiing. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Boating is the leisurely activity of travelling by boat, or the recreational use of a boat whether powerboats, sailboats, or man-powered vessels, focused on the travel itself, as well as sports activities, such as fishing or waterskiing. It is a popular activity, and there are millions of boaters worldwide.
- Boating Category
- Boats - A boat is a watercraft of a large range of sizes designed to float, plane, work or travel on water. Small boats are typically found on inland waterways or in protected coastal areas. However, boats such as the whaleboat were designed for operation from a ship in an offshore environment.
- Boat building - Boat building, one of the oldest branches of engineering, is concerned with constructing the hulls of boats and, for sailboats, the masts, spars and rigging.
- Messabout - A messabout is an event where a group of people get together to discuss and "mess about" in boats. The concept is not new but the name is. The term originated in April 1990 when Joe Tribulato organized the first such event with this name.
- Pleasure craft - A pleasure craft is a boat used for personal, family, and sometimes sportsmanlike recreation. Such watercraft are divided into two main categories: motorboats and sailboats. There are also rowboats and canoes.
- United States Coast Guard Auxiliary - The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary is the uniformed auxiliary component of the United States Coast Guard. Congress established the USCG Aux on June 23, 1939, as the United States Coast Guard Reserve. On February 19, 1941, it was re-designated the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- Pictures Flickr: Amphicar www
Pictures of the Amphicar Model 770 and events that feature them. Flickr: Amphicar.
- Manufacturers Dutton Marine www
Manufacturers of road legal amphibians. Marine. Contains company history, vehicle specifications, and notice board. Dutton Marine.
- An International Hydrofoil Society www
An all volunteer, Hydrofoil Society, not-for-profit organization of and for people who design, build, operate, or simply are interested in commercial, military, research, or recreational hydrofoils of any size, power or sail. International Hydrofoil Society.
- Represents Marine Retailers Association of America www
Represents boat dealers, Retailers Association of America, marina operators, and marine retailers. Membership benefits include educational opportunities, cost-saving programs, and monthly publications. Marine Retailers Association of America.
- Articles, Duckworks Magazine www
Articles, Magazine, columns, and homebuilding projects. By and for backyard boat builders. Duckworks Magazine.
- Boat Merrell Watercraft www
Boat plans and design information for amateur boat builders. Merrell Watercraft.
- The The Anderton Boat Lift www
The official site of the Anderton Boat lift, Anderton Boat Lift, the world's first and the UK's only working boat lift. The Anderton Boat Lift.
- This Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site of Canada www
This waterway meanders 386 km across Central Ontario, Waterway National Historic Site of Canada, linking Lake Ontario with Georgian Bay. Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site of Canada.
- Your MarineWaypoints.com www
Your guide to boats, MarineWaypoints.com, boating, fishing, gear, sailing, scuba diving, weather and everything else in the nautical world! MarineWaypoints.com.
- Classifieds, Boat Journal www
Classifieds, Journal, boater's library, marine services, boat life, and weather and tide information. Boat Journal.
- Free NavRules www
Free formal training program to learn the "rules of the road", NavRules, required of all boat operators. Internationally recognized Collision Regulations and US Inland Rules. NavRules.
- Free Coastal Navigation www
Free online advanced navigation course and boating resources. Coastal Navigation.
- Alexa: Boating Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Boating Recreation
- DMOZ: Boating Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Boating Recreation