The Boating section of Recreation is intended for sites dealing with general boating as a recreational and leisure pastime. Sites are not listed directly under the Boating section, but should be submitted to the lowest appropriate section under Boating or the next level up, if no suitable section exists. Boating Recreation.
Boating is the leisurely activity of travelling by boat, or the recreational use of a boat whether powerboats, sailboats, or man-powered vessels (such as rowing and paddle boats), focused on the travel itself, as well as sports activities, such as fishing or waterskiing. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Boating is the leisurely activity of travelling by boat, or the recreational use of a boat whether powerboats, sailboats, or man-powered vessels, focused on the travel itself, as well as sports activities, such as fishing or waterskiing. It is a popular activity, and there are millions of boaters worldwide.
- Boating Category
- Boats - A boat is a watercraft of a large range of sizes designed to float, plane, work or travel on water. Small boats are typically found on inland waterways or in protected coastal areas. However, boats such as the whaleboat were designed for operation from a ship in an offshore environment.
- Boat building - Boat building, one of the oldest branches of engineering, is concerned with constructing the hulls of boats and, for sailboats, the masts, spars and rigging.
- Messabout - A messabout is an event where a group of people get together to discuss and "mess about" in boats. The concept is not new but the name is. The term originated in April 1990 when Joe Tribulato organized the first such event with this name.
- Pleasure craft - A pleasure craft is a boat used for personal, family, and sometimes sportsmanlike recreation. Such watercraft are divided into two main categories: motorboats and sailboats. There are also rowboats and canoes.
- United States Coast Guard Auxiliary - The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary is the uniformed auxiliary component of the United States Coast Guard. Congress established the USCG Aux on June 23, 1939, as the United States Coast Guard Reserve. On February 19, 1941, it was re-designated the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- Organization The International Amphicar Club www
Organization for owners of amphibious cars provides history, International Amphicar Club, convention information, discussion group, regional chapter links, and restoration and maintenance information. The International Amphicar Club.
- Offers British Specialty Cars - Dutton Mariner and Commander www
Offers pictures and information about the Amphicar. British Specialty Cars - Dutton Mariner and Commander.
- Club Tasman Bay Cruising Club www
Club for yacht and launch owners based in Nelson, Bay Cruising Club, New Zealand. Features information on club facilities, notice of races, results and details of local boating facilities. Tasman Bay Cruising Club.
- For Perth Flying Squadron Yacht Club www
For both sail and power boat owners. Flying Squadron Yacht Club. Includes information about the club, calendar of events, newsletter, and facility details. Located near Perth, Western Australia. Perth Flying Squadron Yacht Club.
- Links Free Boat Design Resources www
Links to articles, Boat Design Resources, essays, boat design software and even a number of free small boat designs, including some from professionals. Free Boat Design Resources.
- Boat Merrell Watercraft www
Boat plans and design information for amateur boat builders. Merrell Watercraft.
- An The Millennium Link (1999-2002) www
An information and picture resource of the restoration of the Forth and Clyde and Union Canals in Scotland, Millennium Link (1999-2002), including construction of the Falkirk Wheel. Includes a webcam archive of the wheel's operation. The Millennium Link (1999-2002).
- The Manchester, Bolton and Bury Canal www
The canal links Bolton and Bury to Salford in the UK and was built as a cheap form of transport for the goods being produced there. Manchester, Bolton and Bury Canal.
- Organized SailingLinks www
Organized guide to sailing resources on the internet. SailingLinks.
- Searchable Top Boat links www
Searchable directory of boat links to boat builders and other resources. Top Boat links.
- Provides International Regulations For the Prevention Of Collisions at Sea www
Provides free assistance in learning the International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea (Col Regs/IRPCS) and includes links to relevant sites. International Regulations For the Prevention Of Collisions at Sea.
- Free Coastal Navigation www
Free online advanced navigation course and boating resources. Coastal Navigation.
- Alexa: Boating Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Boating Recreation
- DMOZ: Boating Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Boating Recreation