The Boating section of Recreation is intended for sites dealing with general boating as a recreational and leisure pastime. Sites are not listed directly under the Boating section, but should be submitted to the lowest appropriate section under Boating or the next level up, if no suitable section exists. Boating Recreation.
Boating is the leisurely activity of travelling by boat, or the recreational use of a boat whether powerboats, sailboats, or man-powered vessels (such as rowing and paddle boats), focused on the travel itself, as well as sports activities, such as fishing or waterskiing. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Boating is the leisurely activity of travelling by boat, or the recreational use of a boat whether powerboats, sailboats, or man-powered vessels, focused on the travel itself, as well as sports activities, such as fishing or waterskiing. It is a popular activity, and there are millions of boaters worldwide.
- Boating Category
- Boats - A boat is a watercraft of a large range of sizes designed to float, plane, work or travel on water. Small boats are typically found on inland waterways or in protected coastal areas. However, boats such as the whaleboat were designed for operation from a ship in an offshore environment.
- Boat building - Boat building, one of the oldest branches of engineering, is concerned with constructing the hulls of boats and, for sailboats, the masts, spars and rigging.
- Messabout - A messabout is an event where a group of people get together to discuss and "mess about" in boats. The concept is not new but the name is. The term originated in April 1990 when Joe Tribulato organized the first such event with this name.
- Pleasure craft - A pleasure craft is a boat used for personal, family, and sometimes sportsmanlike recreation. Such watercraft are divided into two main categories: motorboats and sailboats. There are also rowboats and canoes.
- United States Coast Guard Auxiliary - The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary is the uniformed auxiliary component of the United States Coast Guard. Congress established the USCG Aux on June 23, 1939, as the United States Coast Guard Reserve. On February 19, 1941, it was re-designated the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- Worldwide Amphib Belgium www
Worldwide club for those who are interested in vehicles that drive and float. Belgium. Amphibious cars of interest include military, civilian, old-timers and new models. Amphib Belgium.
- Fiberglass WaterCar www
Fiberglass vehicle styled after the 2002 convertible Camaro body style. WaterCar. Includes specifications, photographs, and videos. WaterCar.
- Offers National Boat Owners Association www
Offers members a variety of services including towing assistance programs, Boat Owners Association, boating insurance and equipment and charts. National Boat Owners Association.
- News Torksey Yacht Club www
News and events of a small boat club in the ancient village of Torksey between Lincoln and Gainsborough in the UK. Torksey Yacht Club.
- Links Free Boat Design Resources www
Links to articles, Boat Design Resources, essays, boat design software and even a number of free small boat designs, including some from professionals. Free Boat Design Resources.
- Boat Merrell Watercraft www
Boat plans and design information for amateur boat builders. Merrell Watercraft.
- A Rideau Canal Waterway www
A portal to the sights, Canal Waterway, activities and businesses along this canal and waterway between Kingston and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Virtual tours, business directory, boating information and FAQs. Rideau Canal Waterway.
- Information Canalia www
Information on Britain's historic canals and waterways including holidays afloat, Canalia, canal related books and magazines, events, and stoppages. Canalia.
- A iSeaLife www
A collection of offshore sailing content, iSeaLife,links and specific services for offshore cruising sailors. iSeaLife.
- Classifieds, Boat Journal www
Classifieds, Journal, boater's library, marine services, boat life, and weather and tide information. Boat Journal.
- Provides International Regulations For the Prevention Of Collisions at Sea www
Provides free assistance in learning the International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea (Col Regs/IRPCS) and includes links to relevant sites. International Regulations For the Prevention Of Collisions at Sea.
- Free Coastal Navigation www
Free online advanced navigation course and boating resources. Coastal Navigation.
- Alexa: Boating Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Boating Recreation
- DMOZ: Boating Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Boating Recreation