The Boating section of Recreation is intended for sites dealing with general boating as a recreational and leisure pastime. Sites are not listed directly under the Boating section, but should be submitted to the lowest appropriate section under Boating or the next level up, if no suitable section exists. Boating Recreation.
Boating is the leisurely activity of travelling by boat, or the recreational use of a boat whether powerboats, sailboats, or man-powered vessels (such as rowing and paddle boats), focused on the travel itself, as well as sports activities, such as fishing or waterskiing. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Boating is the leisurely activity of travelling by boat, or the recreational use of a boat whether powerboats, sailboats, or man-powered vessels, focused on the travel itself, as well as sports activities, such as fishing or waterskiing. It is a popular activity, and there are millions of boaters worldwide.
- Boating Category
- Boats - A boat is a watercraft of a large range of sizes designed to float, plane, work or travel on water. Small boats are typically found on inland waterways or in protected coastal areas. However, boats such as the whaleboat were designed for operation as a ship in an offshore environment.
- Boat building - Boat building, one of the oldest branches of engineering, is concerned with constructing the hulls of boats and, for sailboats, the masts, spars and rigging.
- Messabout - A messabout is an event where a group of people get together to discuss and "mess about" in boats. The concept is not new but the name is. The term originated in April 1990 when Joe Tribulato organized the first such event with this name.
- Pleasure craft - A pleasure craft is a boat used for personal, family, and sometimes sportsmanlike recreation. Such watercraft are divided into two main categories: motorboats and sailboats. There are also rowboats and canoes.
- United States Coast Guard Auxiliary - The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary is the uniformed auxiliary component of the United States Coast Guard. Congress established the USCG Aux on June 23, 1939, as the United States Coast Guard Reserve. On February 19, 1941, it was re-designated the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- Fiberglass WaterCar www
Fiberglass vehicle styled after the 2002 convertible Camaro body style. WaterCar. Includes specifications, photographs, and videos. WaterCar.
- Based Amphicar Canada www
Based in Orillia, Canada, Ontario. Events, tips, photographs, links, and people. Also a business site offering sales and restorations. Amphicar Canada.
- Includes Capital City Yacht Club www
Includes club events, City Yacht Club, history, membership, forums, and links. The primary mission of the club is fun. Located in Sacramento, California. Capital City Yacht Club.
- News Torksey Yacht Club www
News and events of a small boat club in the ancient village of Torksey between Lincoln and Gainsborough in the UK. Torksey Yacht Club.
- Links Free Boat Design Resources www
Links to articles, Boat Design Resources, essays, boat design software and even a number of free small boat designs, including some from professionals. Free Boat Design Resources.
- Provides Nova Scotia Boat Builders Association www
Provides members with support services and consumers with information relating to the Nova Scotia boat building industry. Nova Scotia Boat Builders Association.
- Details Standedge Tunnel Visitor Centre www
Details and visitor information about the highest, Tunnel Visitor Centre, longest, deepest canal tunnel in Britain. Standedge Tunnel Visitor Centre.
- A Saint-Ours Canal www
A National Historic Site of Canada, Canal, this canal was opened in 1849 and allows watercraft to link Lake Champlain with the Saint Lawrence River. Today, pleasure boating has replaced commercial boating. Saint-Ours Canal.
- Interactive MarinaFinder.com www
Interactive database that allows you to locate marinas that meet your search criteria and view comprehensive information about them. MarinaFinder.com.
- A iSeaLife www
A collection of offshore sailing content, iSeaLife,links and specific services for offshore cruising sailors. iSeaLife.
- Free NavRules www
Free formal training program to learn the "rules of the road", NavRules, required of all boat operators. Internationally recognized Collision Regulations and US Inland Rules. NavRules.
- Free Coastal Navigation www
Free online advanced navigation course and boating resources. Coastal Navigation.
- Alexa: Boating Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Boating Recreation
- DMOZ: Boating Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Boating Recreation