Sites dealing with birding - the hobby of observing wild birds. Birding includes the activities of finding birds, identifying birds, counting birds, photographing birds, making lists of bird species, feeding backyard birds, observing bird behavior, reporting on bird sightings, reporting on bird-finding trips, and talking about birds. Birding Recreation.
Birdwatching, or birding, is a form of wildlife observation in which the observation of birds is a recreational activity. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Birdwatching, or birding, is a form of wildlife observation in which the observation of birds is a recreational activity or citizen science. It can be done with the naked eye, through a visual enhancement device like binoculars and telescopes, by listening for bird sounds, or by watching public webcams. Birdwatching often involves a significant auditory component, as many bird species are more easily detected and identified by ear than by eye. Most birdwatchers pursue this activity for recreational or social reasons, unlike ornithologists, who engage in the study of birds using formal scientific methods.
- Birdwatching Category
- Bird feeding - Bird feeding is the activity of feeding wild birds, often by means of a bird feeder.
- Bird hide - A bird hide is a shelter, often camouflaged, that is used to observe wildlife, especially birds, at close quarters.
- Bird migration - Bird migration is the regular seasonal movement, often north and south along a flyway, between breeding and wintering grounds. Many species of bird migrate. Migration carries high costs in predation and mortality, including from hunting by humans, and is driven primarily by availability of food.
- Butterfly watching - Butterfly watching is a hobby concerned with the observation and study of butterflies. It also includes the "catch and release" of butterflies. There are clubs, handbooks, checklists, and festivals devoted to the activity.
- Important Bird Area - An Important Bird and Biodiversity Area is an area identified using an internationally agreed set of criteria as being globally important for the conservation of bird populations.
- American Birding Association - The American Birding Association is a non-profit organization, founded in 1969, dedicated to recreational birding in Canada and the United States. It has been called "the standard-bearer for serious birding in North America."
- Leisure activities
- Descriptions Birding Site Guide www
Descriptions and bird lists for birding sites worldwide. Birding Site Guide.
- Collection Bird Links to the World www
Collection of links related to birds, Links to the World, birding, and birders, divided by geographic location. Bird Links to the World.
- Recent Birding on the Net www
Recent messages of birding e-mail groups, the Net, rare bird alerts, artwork, checklists, news, and links. Birding on the Net.
- Forums Bird Forum www
Forums for discussion of birds, Forum, birding, and bird photography worldwide. Includes photo gallery and trip reports. Bird Forum.
- Worldwide BirdingPal www
Worldwide list of contacts, BirdingPal, grouped by location, who are willing to help travelling birdwatchers. BirdingPal.
- A Xeno Canto www
A collection of bird songs from around the world. Canto. Includes a database of recordings, a forum, links, and FAQs. Xeno Canto.
- Seabird Ocean Wanderers www
Seabird news, Wanderers, pelagic birding around the world, annotated lists of seabirds and marine mammals, photo gallery, photo quiz, list of identification articles, and links. Ocean Wanderers.
- Articles About Birding/Wild Birds www
About Birding/Wild Birds.
- Don Birding the World www
Don Roberson's detailed guide to birding in each of the world's biogeographic regions. Birding the World.
- Annual International Migratory Bird Day www
Annual event held the second Saturday in May. Migratory Bird Day. Brief information about the event and online store. International Migratory Bird Day.
- Includes Simply Birding www
Includes a forum, Birding, ID guides, birding venue information, maps, and an online shop. Simply Birding.
- A Surfbirder www
A search engine for birds and birding. Surfbirder.
- World Surfbirds www
World birding news, Surfbirds, identification and bird finding articles, photographs, sketches, and trip reports. Surfbirds.
- Articles, GORP - Birdwatching Practical Advice www
Articles, Birdwatching Practical Advice, guides to sites throughout the world, species information, resources, and links of interest to birders. GORP - Birdwatching Practical Advice.
- World Bubo www
World bird listing database. Bubo. Record lists for any location worldwide, share and compare lists with other users. Includes checklists, forum, FAQ, and photos. Bubo.
- A BirdSite www
A community-based website for sharing bird images and sounds from around the world. BirdSite.
- Information Where Do You Want to Go Birding Today? www
Information about birds and birding worldwide. You Want to Go Birding Today?. Endemic and specialty bird information for many countries; photographs and links to checklists and other resources. Where Do You Want to Go Birding Today?.
- Photos, Birding.com www
Photos, Birding.com, songs, birding hot spots, checklists, links, and advice for new and backyard birders. Birding.com.
- Stephane BirdChat Quiz www
Stephane Moniotte's site with quiz birds, Quiz, results of past quizzes, and photographs. BirdChat Quiz.
- News, Fat Birder www
News, Birder, worldwide birding links, and reviews. Fat Birder.
- Guide WorldTwitch www
Guide to finding rare birds around the world. WorldTwitch.
- Collection Worldtwitch - Africa and Middle East www
Collection of detailed trip reports and resources. Worldtwitch - Africa and Middle East.
- Birding Where do you want to go birding in Africa today? www
Birding resources country by country. you want to go birding in Africa today?. Checklists, lists of endemic, print resources, key web-sites and top birding spots. Where do you want to go birding in Africa today?.
- Collection Oriental Bird Images www
Collection of over 8200 photographs of over 1890 species by many different photographers. Bird Images. Sponsored by the Oriental Bird Club. Oriental Bird Images.
- Trip Hanno's Birding Pages www
Trip reports from Thailand, Birding Pages, Mongolia, and Vietnam. Hanno's Birding Pages.
- Joint BirdSource www
Joint project of National Audubon and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology with the complete Christmas Bird Count database, BirdSource, Project FeederWatch, BirdCast, HawkWatch results, Great Backyard Bird Count, and feature articles. BirdSource.
- Information Stokes Birds at Home www
Information about attracting and watching backyard birds, Birds at Home, as well as the Stokes's television series on bird watching in the US. Stokes Birds at Home.
- A Birdie War www
A friendly feathered photo battle. War. Visitors can choose between two bird pictures to decide which is the cutest, funniest, naughtiest, or most clever. Birdie War.
- Website Second Chance Birds www
Website and forum focused on educating bird owners. Chance Birds. Information on parrot rescues, problem behaviors, diet requirements, toys, tips, and other subjects related to keeping a bird healthy and happy. Second Chance Birds.
- Vintage Antique Beak www
Vintage and collectible parrot and bird-themed items. Antique Beak.
- Bird It's Up In The Air Art www
Bird portraits, In The Air Art, send them a photo. T-shirts and stained glass with a parrot theme. It's Up In The Air Art.
- Overview Bonaire Birdwatching www
Overview of birds and birding opportunities on Bonaire. Bonaire Birdwatching.
- Bird Birds of Aruba www
Bird highlights, Aruba, birding sites, checklist, trip reports, field guide recommendations, trip reports, photos, and tourist resources. Birds of Aruba.
- Alexa: Birding Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Birding Recreation
- DMOZ: Birding Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Birding Recreation