Sites dealing with birding - the hobby of observing wild birds. Birding includes the activities of finding birds, identifying birds, counting birds, photographing birds, making lists of bird species, feeding backyard birds, observing bird behavior, reporting on bird sightings, reporting on bird-finding trips, and talking about birds. Birding Recreation.
Birdwatching, or birding, is a form of wildlife observation in which the observation of birds is a recreational activity. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Birdwatching, or birding, is a form of wildlife observation in which the observation of birds is a recreational activity or citizen science. It can be done with the naked eye, through a visual enhancement device like binoculars and telescopes, by listening for bird sounds, or by watching public webcams. Birdwatching often involves a significant auditory component, as many bird species are more easily detected and identified by ear than by eye. Most birdwatchers pursue this activity for recreational or social reasons, unlike ornithologists, who engage in the study of birds using formal scientific methods.
- Birdwatching Category
- Bird feeding - Bird feeding is the activity of feeding wild birds, often by means of a bird feeder.
- Bird hide - A bird hide is a shelter, often camouflaged, that is used to observe wildlife, especially birds, at close quarters.
- Bird migration - Bird migration is the regular seasonal movement, often north and south along a flyway, between breeding and wintering grounds. Many species of bird migrate. Migration carries high costs in predation and mortality, including from hunting by humans, and is driven primarily by availability of food.
- Butterfly watching - Butterfly watching is a hobby concerned with the observation and study of butterflies. It also includes the "catch and release" of butterflies. There are clubs, handbooks, checklists, and festivals devoted to the activity.
- Important Bird Area - An Important Bird and Biodiversity Area is an area identified using an internationally agreed set of criteria as being globally important for the conservation of bird populations.
- American Birding Association - The American Birding Association is a non-profit organization, founded in 1969, dedicated to recreational birding in Canada and the United States. It has been called "the standard-bearer for serious birding in North America."
- Leisure activities
- Recent Birding on the Net www
Recent messages of birding e-mail groups, the Net, rare bird alerts, artwork, checklists, news, and links. Birding on the Net.
- A BirdSite www
A community-based website for sharing bird images and sounds from around the world. BirdSite.
- Photos, Birding.com www
Photos, Birding.com, songs, birding hot spots, checklists, links, and advice for new and backyard birders. Birding.com.
- Stephane BirdChat Quiz www
Stephane Moniotte's site with quiz birds, Quiz, results of past quizzes, and photographs. BirdChat Quiz.
- A Surfbirder www
A search engine for birds and birding. Surfbirder.
- World Surfbirds www
World birding news, Surfbirds, identification and bird finding articles, photographs, sketches, and trip reports. Surfbirds.
- Articles, GORP - Birdwatching Practical Advice www
Articles, Birdwatching Practical Advice, guides to sites throughout the world, species information, resources, and links of interest to birders. GORP - Birdwatching Practical Advice.
- Descriptions Birding Site Guide www
Descriptions and bird lists for birding sites worldwide. Birding Site Guide.
- News, Fat Birder www
News, Birder, worldwide birding links, and reviews. Fat Birder.
- Information Where Do You Want to Go Birding Today? www
Information about birds and birding worldwide. You Want to Go Birding Today?. Endemic and specialty bird information for many countries; photographs and links to checklists and other resources. Where Do You Want to Go Birding Today?.
- A Xeno Canto www
A collection of bird songs from around the world. Canto. Includes a database of recordings, a forum, links, and FAQs. Xeno Canto.
- Seabird Ocean Wanderers www
Seabird news, Wanderers, pelagic birding around the world, annotated lists of seabirds and marine mammals, photo gallery, photo quiz, list of identification articles, and links. Ocean Wanderers.
- Forums Bird Forum www
Forums for discussion of birds, Forum, birding, and bird photography worldwide. Includes photo gallery and trip reports. Bird Forum.
- Guide WorldTwitch www
Guide to finding rare birds around the world. WorldTwitch.
- World Bubo www
World bird listing database. Bubo. Record lists for any location worldwide, share and compare lists with other users. Includes checklists, forum, FAQ, and photos. Bubo.
- Don Birding the World www
Don Roberson's detailed guide to birding in each of the world's biogeographic regions. Birding the World.
- Articles About Birding/Wild Birds www
About Birding/Wild Birds.
- Collection Bird Links to the World www
Collection of links related to birds, Links to the World, birding, and birders, divided by geographic location. Bird Links to the World.
- Includes Simply Birding www
Includes a forum, Birding, ID guides, birding venue information, maps, and an online shop. Simply Birding.
- Worldwide BirdingPal www
Worldwide list of contacts, BirdingPal, grouped by location, who are willing to help travelling birdwatchers. BirdingPal.
- Annual International Migratory Bird Day www
Annual event held the second Saturday in May. Migratory Bird Day. Brief information about the event and online store. International Migratory Bird Day.
- Annotated Swaziland Bird Checklist www
Annotated checklist by Vincent Parker, Bird Checklist, Conservation Trust of Swaziland. Swaziland Bird Checklist.
- Details Zambian Birdlife www
Details of bird habitats in Zambia and the species found in the various habitats. Zambian Birdlife.
- Trip Worldtwitch - Asia and the Pacific www
Trip reports, Asia and the Pacific, rare bird reports, and resources. Worldtwitch - Asia and the Pacific.
- Translates Bird Names in Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese www
Translates scientific names for species into English, Names in Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese. Also give the literal translations of the Asian common names in English. Subdivided by family and subfamily. Bird Names in Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese.
- Information My Backyard Birds www
Information on backyard bird watching and feeding. Backyard Birds. Includes community forum and photo gallery. My Backyard Birds.
- Photos Leisa's Backyard Habitat www
Photos and notes of backyard birding in Lexington, Backyard Habitat, Kentucky. Leisa's Backyard Habitat.
- Species BirdsnWays www
Species profiles and articles on toy making, BirdsnWays, diseases, nutrition, and breeding. Also offers classified advertising and forums. BirdsnWays.
- Website Second Chance Birds www
Website and forum focused on educating bird owners. Chance Birds. Information on parrot rescues, problem behaviors, diet requirements, toys, tips, and other subjects related to keeping a bird healthy and happy. Second Chance Birds.
- Dovecotes, Bbirdcraft www
Dovecotes, Bbirdcraft, bird tables, nesting boxes. Bbirdcraft.
- Bird It's Up In The Air Art www
Bird portraits, In The Air Art, send them a photo. T-shirts and stained glass with a parrot theme. It's Up In The Air Art.
- Bird Birds of Aruba www
Bird highlights, Aruba, birding sites, checklist, trip reports, field guide recommendations, trip reports, photos, and tourist resources. Birds of Aruba.
- A Avian Eyes www
A conservation organization located on St. Eyes. Vincent and the Grenadines. Includes descriptions of sites and a trip report. Avian Eyes.
- Alexa: Birding Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Birding Recreation
- DMOZ: Birding Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Birding Recreation