Contains sites related to antique lighting, including collecting and identification information. Lighting Antiques Recreation.
Lighting or illumination is the deliberate use of light to achieve a practical or aesthetic effect. (wikipedia)
- Dealers (Antiques and Collectibles)
- Wikipedia: Lighting or illumination is the deliberate use of light to achieve a practical or aesthetic effect. Lighting includes the use of both artificial light sources like lamps and light fixtures, as well as natural illumination by capturing daylight. Daylighting is sometimes used as the main source of light during daytime in buildings. This can save energy in place of using artificial lighting, which represents a major component of energy consumption in buildings. Proper lighting can enhance task performance, improve the appearance of an area, or have positive psychological effects on occupants.
- Lighting Category
- 3D computer graphics - 3D computer graphics or three-dimensional computer graphics, in contrast to 2D computer graphics are graphics that use a three-dimensional representation of geometric data that is stored in the computer for the purposes of performing calculations and rendering 2D images.
- Anglepoise lamp , successful and innovative desk lamp design.
- Automotive lighting - The lighting system of a motor vehicle consists of lighting and signalling devices mounted or integrated to the front, rear, sides, and in some cases the top of a motor vehicle.
- Banning of incandescent light bulbs - Governments around the world have passed measures to phase out incandescent light bulbs for general lighting in favor of more energy-efficient lighting alternatives. Phase-out regulations effectively ban the manufacture, importation or sale of incandescent light bulbs for general lighting.
- Bug zapper - A bug zapper, more formally called an electrical discharge insect control system, electric insect killer or electrocutor trap, is a device that attracts and kills flying insects that are attracted by light.
- Candlepower - Candlepower is an obsolete unit expressing luminous intensity, equal to 0.981 candelas. It expresses levels of light intensity in terms of the light emitted by a candle of specific size and constituents. In modern usage candlepower equates directly to the unit known as the candela.
- Garden features
- Architectural elements