Contains sites related to antique lighting, including collecting and identification information. Lighting Antiques Recreation.
Lighting or illumination is the deliberate use of light to achieve a practical or aesthetic effect. (wikipedia)
- Dealers (Antiques and Collectibles)
- Wikipedia: Lighting or illumination is the deliberate use of light to achieve a practical or aesthetic effect. Lighting includes the use of both artificial light sources like lamps and light fixtures, as well as natural illumination by capturing daylight. Daylighting is sometimes used as the main source of light during daytime in buildings. This can save energy in place of using artificial lighting, which represents a major component of energy consumption in buildings. Proper lighting can enhance task performance, improve the appearance of an area, or have positive psychological effects on occupants.
- Lighting Category
- 3D computer graphics - 3D computer graphics or three-dimensional computer graphics, in contrast to 2D computer graphics are graphics that use a three-dimensional representation of geometric data that is stored in the computer for the purposes of performing calculations and rendering 2D images.
- Anglepoise lamp , successful and innovative desk lamp design.
- Automotive lighting - The lighting system of a motor vehicle consists of lighting and signalling devices mounted or integrated to the front, rear, sides, and in some cases the top of a motor vehicle.
- Banning of incandescent light bulbs - Governments around the world have passed measures to phase out incandescent light bulbs for general lighting in favor of more energy-efficient lighting alternatives. Phase-out regulations effectively ban the manufacture, importation or sale of incandescent light bulbs for general lighting.
- Bug zapper - A bug zapper, more formally called an electrical discharge insect control system, electric insect killer or electrocutor trap, is a device that attracts and kills flying insects that are attracted by light.
- Candlepower - Candlepower is an obsolete unit expressing luminous intensity, equal to 0.981 candelas. It expresses levels of light intensity in terms of the light emitted by a candle of specific size and constituents. In modern usage candlepower equates directly to the unit known as the candela.
- Garden features
- Architectural elements
- Photo Jeff Metzger - Tiffany Collector www
Photo gallery of Art Nouveau furniture and Tiffany lamps. Jeff Metzger - Tiffany Collector.
- For Kilokat's Antique Light Bulb Site www
For collectors seeking information on antique light bulbs and related items including antique radio tube box art. Kilokat's Antique Light Bulb Site.
- Information tvlamps.net www
Information and history regarding TV lamps of the 1950s. tvlamps.net. A useful guide for the collector. tvlamps.net.
- A Emeralite and Bellova www
A complete site featuring photos and a detailed history of H. and Bellova. G. McFaddin and Company. Emeralite and Bellova.
- Guide Brief History of Lighting in the U.S. www
Guide to lighting periods in relation to decorative styles in American history. Brief History of Lighting in the U.S..
- Features Leaded Lamps.com www
Features a photographic gallery of antique stained glass lamps that have been featured in recent auctions. Leaded Lamps.com.
- Provides A History of Light and Lighting www
Provides references to people, History of Light and Lighting, events and inventions in chronological order, and a bibliography. A History of Light and Lighting.
- Articles The Steampunk Workshop www
Articles with photos detailing the construction and repair of kerosene lamps and techniques for working with brass. Steampunk Workshop. Angle Company Lamps are featured. The Steampunk Workshop.
- Includes Mr. Vesta's Home Page www
Includes examples of pocket match safes. Mr. Vesta's Home Page.
- Pictures 2yr.net - Lightbulb Collection www
Pictures and detailed descriptions of antique and vintage lightbulbs. Lightbulb Collection. Includes other lightbulb-related things such as lightbulb advertising. 2yr.net - Lightbulb Collection.
- Informative Collecting Aladdin Lamps www
Informative site for anyone interested in the collecting of Aladdin kerosene - oil lamps. Collecting Aladdin Lamps.
- Offers International Guild of Lamp Researchers, Ltd. www
Offers a forum for liquid and gaseous-fueled antique lighting researchers and collectors. Guild of Lamp Researchers, Ltd.. Includes FAQs, a listing of clubs, a glossary, photos and publications. International Guild of Lamp Researchers, Ltd..
- A The Rushlight Club www
A International Association of Collectors and Students of Historic Lighting. Rushlight Club. Includes articles from the publication "The Rushlight", an bibliography of lighting related texts and links to related sites. The Rushlight Club.
- Volunteer Allexperts Antiques www
Volunteer experts answer your questions about all different kinds of antiques; what they are, Antiques, what they're worth, and where to find more. Allexperts Antiques.
- TEFAF International Arts and Antiques Fair www
TEFAF Maastricht and pan Amsterdam, Arts and Antiques Fair, organised by The European Fine Art Foundation, are known for their high quality art and antiques. International Arts and Antiques Fair.
- Alexa: Lighting Antiques
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Lighting Antiques
- DMOZ: Lighting Antiques
dmoz.org Directory: Lighting Antiques